Best all around/safest treatment

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I just picked up 5 very young blue green chromis and a young sailfin tang.
I put them into QT tank and they are all eating very well, are bright and active and good eaters (high quality pellets)

Ive seen a couple of stringy white poops out of at least one of the chromis. I have an entire pharmacy here that I rarely dive into unless absolutely necessary.
Please tell me which of these you would use and at what dosage. Again, only visible problem is what appears to be internal parasites.
I have PraziPro, ParaGuard, Focus, KanaPlex and MetroPlex
I also have both Copper power and Cupermine which I’ve never used. I’m on the side of treating illness over prophylaxis and am willing to observe in QT for signs of illness.
Thanks in advance!!
DTL

Albertan22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you need the PraziPro. For what you are observing now. I would also treat for uronema with chromis as it’s very common and the symptoms don’t show up until it’s too late to treat. For that I started doing a hydrogen peroxide bath per the instructions on Humblefish’s page (see link in the hybrid ttm thread on here). Though if the parasite is in your qt it’s too late to get it out. I’ve started just bathing all new arrivals after losing 4 anthias to uronema last month as a hydrogen peroxide bath can address so many things.

OP
OP
Doglips56

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you need the PraziPro. For what you are observing now. I would also treat for uronema with chromis as it’s very common and the symptoms don’t show up until it’s too late to treat. For that I started doing a hydrogen peroxide bath per the instructions on Humblefish’s page (see link in the hybrid ttm thread on here). Though if the parasite is in your qt it’s too late to get it out. I’ve started just bathing all new arrivals after losing 4 anthias to uronema last month as a hydrogen peroxide bath can address so many things.
Since I just added all of them at once last night is it too late for the hydrogen peroxide bath?

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for uronema treat the chromis with seachem metroplex for 10-14 days you can also mix focus with metroplex and some food to get some internal parasites as well then hit them with prazipro

OP
OP
Doglips56

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for uronema treat the chromis with seachem metroplex for 10-14 days you can also mix focus with metroplex and some food to get some internal parasites as well then hit them with prazipro
Thank you! I forgot all about the darned uronema - I’m going to blame anesthesia brain because I’ve just had my 9th surgery in just this past year. My husband is asleep so I’m a little helpless right now but I’ve fed them some flakes soaked in metro and added stress guard and paraguard for overnight. All 5 of them and the sailfin look great. No funky spots anywhere, very active and eating very well. I also have a UV on hand for my QT, should I use it as well?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 67 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back