Best amino to color coral back up?

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would save dosing for PO4 as a last resort, but that's just me. Whatever you decide, do just one thing and wait for results. Too many changes too quickly could cause more problems than it solves.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But we are still getting somewhere! Here’s what I’ve got so far! Daily feed the little guy, but maintain my reef roid schedule, get a phosphorus tester, read about and learn phosphate dosing, and try and stay away from aminos for this type of problem. Have I got that right so far?

Sounds like a good plan! Feeding is the easiest to try first :)

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so let’s just start with daily feeding of the shrimp in addition to maintaining my reef roid schedule. And no prune and see where that goes. If that doesn’t help maybe then prune?
Sounds good to me. Anyone else like or dislike?

OP
OP
I’ma tempermental coral

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright everyone! Any more potential advice on how to move forward if these things fail would be welcome I’m always looking to learn something new! I’ll post a couple pics of the assessors in qt this evening if awake or tomorrow morning during their feeding(hide and go seek kings and queens of the EVERYTHING Hahahaha)

Bbfishb81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I does amino acids almost daily. I have tried a few kinds, but found acro power was my favorite.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we see a picture of the acro that you say is not colored like it used to Be? I would like to see a picture so we can give advice on what we see and not just guess. Guessing is fun but it happens so much on this forum, no one asks for pics and everyone starts giving advice which could be totally useless or harmful if not correct. Get a ulr checker, you could have a perfect amount of phosphates and not even need to dose anything.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light is going to affect coloration more than anything. Aminos have never done anything for me, nor do any other supplements. If you want more N and P, then feed the fish more, but I have great color with 1 or 2 ppb of phosphate and nitrate around .1 that only an IC test can detect.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got me thinking ...my frags in my QT are getting pale.. now thinking low phosphates

BudgetReefer007

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
feed more filter less.. one at a time though ;)

id try to feed more first.. the added bonus could be better growth.. dosing something might be the thing to do if you (for some reason) wanted to limit the growth (but get your color back).

im jus a novice but thats kinda my take on it.. (i hate losing color!). hope it comes back for ya!

OP
OP
I’ma tempermental coral

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! Thanks for all the input I have been working this slowly but methodically. Just as a precursor, I have been daily feeding both reef roids and feeding the one cleaner shrimp as before and now 3 peppermint shrimp I was gifted that were trained aiptasia feeders(don’t have a massive problem in the display but they do pop up from time to time).
9196D855-5C8A-4BB8-9923-31376639DE0C.jpeg

The three red circles are what was dying spathulata in a friends tank that I chopped a little and stopped dying but had no color till I started daily feeding. Once I started daily feeding it started to green up fast. The purple circle is the efflo. You can see the bright purple tips and growth but the base that is supposed to be deep green is more of an iridescent green with blue and purple. I’m sorry for the poor picture quality I’m still leaning how to take decent pictures on an iPhone. Here’s the thing, even with daily feeding most tests on my Hanna are still reading zero. I am going to buy a ulr phosphorus tester, just refilled on phosphate reagents so I’d really like to not have wasted money there. So there is at least some correlation between the colors I’ve been seeing and the nutrients being to low or I wouldn’t have seen the color popping up in the spath. As @jda said I think now it’s a light spectrum issue as well. Also as promised some terrible pictures of my little babies below.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 55 49.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 61 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.1%
Back