Best angel for a 32g nano

Bdrizzle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm wanting to get a small angel for my 32g biocube. Any suggestions for which is the best? I only plan to have 3 or 4 fish. So far a bi color Blenny is the only one I have. Would like a 6 line wrasse as well. Thanks!

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll probably recieve the answer of a flame angelfish. In my opinion, this is not a good reccomendation. First, the biocube has a pretty small footprint compared with other 30 gallon tanks, so there is limited swimming room (and these fish love to swim!). Secondly, they can grow to about 5-6" long and outgrow a biocube within 2 years or less. They'll certainly work at first if you buy one that's 1-1.5", however they're not a long term fish if you're planning on sticking with the biocube and want to keep them for life as a pet.

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have thought about this question for my 54 gallon reefer. The only two that are recommended for a tank as small as my Red Sea Reefer 250 is the flameback and cherub as @Colin_1122 mentioned. This is according to live aquaria.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bdrizzle

Bdrizzle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll probably recieve the answer of a flame angelfish. In my opinion, this is not a good reccomendation. First, the biocube has a pretty small footprint compared with other 30 gallon tanks, so there is limited swimming room (and these fish love to swim!). Secondly, they can grow to about 5-6" long and outgrow a biocube within 2 years or less. They'll certainly work at first if you buy one that's 1-1.5", however they're not a long term fish if you're planning on sticking with the biocube and want to keep them for life as a pet.
Everything I've seen is they only get to 4" max. Is that misinformation?

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That 4" comes from liveaquaria (I'm not saying it's misinformation, just that it's incorrect) and a lot of websites simply copy and paste that information as fact. In truth, they can get to a max size of 6". I've seen plenty in person around 5" or so.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cherub is a good choice but I would get it last as they are aggressive to new comers

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back