Best app to log reef tank parameters in 2021(for IOS) ?

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to buy an app, but most of the reviews I see I don’t trust because they are from 2016 or 2017. 3-4 years is a very long time in software development.

What’s the best app to record all necessary data from all the testing we do for a reef tank ?

(I don’t want to buy any hardware. Just software).

Thanks !

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to buy an app, but most of the reviews I see I don’t trust because they are from 2016 or 2017. 3-4 years is a very long time in software development.

What’s the best app to record all necessary data from all the testing we do for a reef tank ?

(I don’t want to buy any hardware. Just software).

Thanks !

spiral notebook used here... Excel is an option, but I don't bother

Defer to others

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used aquatic log, but I didn’t like the UI, so I just started logging it in Pages (Apple’s version of Excell). You can set it up to run whatever graphs or have it compile the info pretty much however you want. I track the output on my RODI unit (filtered and waste water) and have running totals, also track the TDS before and after filtering, just another way to help determine when to replace filters. I also track all of my maintenance (everything from water changes, to filter floss, carbon), dosing, and additions to the tank, and then all my test results. I like it more than Aquatic Log (mostly because I’ve used excell a lot professionally), I’m able to track more and colate everything the way I want it.

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use AquaticLog…it’s free
It doesn’t work on my ipad. Too bad.

I like it more than Aquatic Log (mostly because I’ve used excell a lot professionally), I’m able to track more and colate everything the way I want it.
I’ve also used Excel for a long time professionally but I don’t feel like using it for this purpose. I’m sure it does a great job though !

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! The interface is quite clean. It took me a little bit to figure out how to adjust the parameter limits to the units I use, but it makes seeing data easy.

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which platform are you using it on? Still perfect on my iPhone.
I’m on Ipad with update Ios.

When I edit the schedule for a specific task, it will make it every two weeks instead of every week. I’ve tried everything, it doesn’t work.

So I have to delete and redo it. This happens randomly when I make an adjustment to certain task schedules. Everything else is okay but this is kind of ruining the experience.

pah150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which platform are you using it on? Still perfect on my iPhone.
Another bug with the latest version, 9 is that it no longer saves any notes stored with test results. Anything entered is just deleted on exiting. Told developer a month ago but had no response

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another bug with the latest version, 9 is that it no longer saves any notes stored with test results. Anything entered is just deleted on exiting. Told developer a month ago but had no response
I haven’t noticed that. I haven’t tested much lately and my last note with a test is on december 20th.

I’ll check next time I write a comment with my testing.

I’m not really fond of the new interface; I liked the old one better, especially for unscheduled tasks. The rest is ok.

Back