Best aquascape tank, other than 40B

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I have been through way too many tanks to count (from 5 gal all the way to 120 gal) and as far as aquascaping is concerned my 40B has been best while the 20 tall was the worst (imagine two ten gallon tanks stacked on top of one another). I love my 40 breeder but would like to eventually purchase a second tank that is larger. What is everyone's opinion on the tank with the best dimensions that is larger than 40 and smaller than 100. Thanks!

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you've been through too many tanks perhaps it's time to have a custom tank done to a size that suits you?

I have a 90 that's 3x2x2 but if you have tried all these tanks and none of them other than the 40 is working for you why don't you lay out your aquascape and then build the tank around it?

OP
OP
Sump Crab

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope people dont get the impression that I have been through that many tanks in a short time. These are various tanks I have used over the last 15 years. Wow I am old!

OP
OP
Sump Crab

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The custom tank idea is intriguing, however I am a little intimidated by the price tags on custom deals. That being said, however, l am slightly interested in the Red Sea line.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The custom tank idea is intriguing, however I am a little intimidated by the price tags on custom deals. That being said, however, l am slightly interested in the Red Sea line.
Red Sea 650 peninsula .. with a floating reef !!!! Well that’s my dream :p:D

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like a standard 120g also works well with the 4x2' footprint and 24" of height really gives you room to play.

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my first big tank today, it is 90 gallons. Looks like it will be good for scaping but won’t be sure until I do it!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 9.7%
Back