Best ATO for a 10g nano?

Jon F

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10 us gallon tank. If Covid restrictions allow, I'm planning to visit my daughter in Dubai for upto 20 days.

My system is fairly well automated and I can keep a eye on it online, auto feeder, inkbird, smart plugs e.t.c. I can also get someone to visit every couple of days to take a look and feed some frozen.

Not sure I'll want them to have to top up though, they can if needed, just don't want the extra burden on them.

It loses less than 0.5 ltrs a day through evap atm, though this will be August, so may be more, no more than a ltr though.

I need it to be fool proof, yes I'm a fool (a self deprecating fool) no chance of over filling or flooding. Its an AIO with very small rear chambers. I've looked at a few, which are best?

Water volume after displacement is a tiny 32 litres.

Oh and I'm in the UK, so some brands are hard to find.

Thanks

Jon

OP
OP
Jon F

Jon F

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fool proof... idiot proof. Built in overfill redundancy with emergency shutoff.
TUNZE 3155 ATO

Tested, tried and proven.
Looked at this one, seems great but cannot find the magnet size, they really are small compartments on my tank. Had to take a saw to the skimmer lol. The osmolater nano seems good 3152, but does not seem to have the safety built in

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10 us gallon tank. If Covid restrictions allow, I'm planning to visit my daughter in Dubai for upto 20 days.

My system is fairly well automated and I can keep a eye on it online, auto feeder, inkbird, smart plugs e.t.c. I can also get someone to visit every couple of days to take a look and feed some frozen.

Not sure I'll want them to have to top up though, they can if needed, just don't want the extra burden on them.

It loses less than 0.5 ltrs a day through evap atm, though this will be August, so may be more, no more than a ltr though.

I need it to be fool proof, yes I'm a fool (a self deprecating fool) no chance of over filling or flooding. Its an AIO with very small rear chambers. I've looked at a few, which are best?

Water volume after displacement is a tiny 32 litres.

Oh and I'm in the UK, so some brands are hard to find.

Thanks

Jon
Congrats on a vacation w your daughter. Nothing better than that. As far as a ato the tunze nano has been my most reliable. Even more so than my wife's full size and truthfully they are the same except for the control . It I can say has never overfilled . Best of luck and have a great vacation

BoxKing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze without measuring is about 2” wide. If you wish I will measure but I assume there has to be a file somewhere on it.

The nano is a good option as well.
Oddly I first started with the IM hydrophil- its a little pricy but has a high low meter you might like

indiana812

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was skeptical about buying an ATO for my 16 nano, but I ended up pulling the trigger on the ice cap ATO at my local pet shop. Really really like it, only a week in- but no complaints!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back