Best ATO for Red Sea 750

EHaddad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what everyone has for an Auto Top Off. I have a Reefer 750 and am wondering what everyone has and what they recommend. I am currently looking at the
Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off - Tunze from @Bulk Reef Supply.

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also 750. Initially used the float valve. That got stuck in off a few times so I added the Tunze3155. I attached a 3/4 tube to the return line and fill in the top opening of it.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what everyone has for an Auto Top Off. I have a Reefer 750 and am wondering what everyone has and what they recommend. I am currently looking at the

Probably no surprise to anyone, but we're using the Tunze Osmolator 3155 on our Reefer XXL 750 as well. The 3155 is our go-to ATO system for almost all tanks here at BRS.

fuelman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tunze 3155 here i have 4 of them tried a few others early on but ended up with the tunze replacing them.

RGoltz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Tunze 3155 with a Geo’s Reef 10 gallon reservoir. The pump is naturally slightly lower than the sump (due to the stand) and I zip-tied the outlet to my return pump tubing to give some additional height and provide an air break. Works all day and twice on Sunday!

ajtomase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What made you choose the 750 instead of the 625? I'm looking at either of those two tanks for my first tank and I can't make up my mind which to get. Were you worried about if any of the past issues of the previous versions of the 750 tank come up?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What made you choose the 750 instead of the 625? I'm looking at either of those two tanks for my first tank and I can't make up my mind which to get. Were you worried about if any of the past issues of the previous versions of the 750 tank come up?

Ryan wanted the "tang gang" in that tank to follow WWC's method, so going with the 750 (which is 1 foot longer than the 625) just made sense. We've had no issues with the tank itself. Red Sea now ships these stands with an extra brace, which seems to have really help with that past issue.

Edit: Whoops, looks like that question wasn't for us. Either way, that's why we went with the 750 :D

ajtomase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ryan wanted the "tang gang" in that tank to follow WWC's method, so going with the 750 (which is 1 foot longer than the 625) just made sense. We've had no issues with the tank itself. Red Sea now ships these stands with an extra brace, which seems to have really help with that past issue.

Edit: Whoops, looks like that question wasn't for us. Either way, that's why we went with the 750 :D
Thanks! I need all the advice I can get!! Huge fan of you guys!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back