Best Biocube 32 HOB Protein Skimmer?

Nevada Wiseguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Biocube 32 and the tank is very healthy (finally have coralline algae growing). However, I am constantly fighting algae on the glass and my nitrates are way way too high (over 50ppm). The Hannah High Range Nitrate Tester was worth the money I might add!

I bought some Red Sea Nopox and am going to do a water change today. I also got 2 balls of Chaeto that I am 3D printing a holder for. With those two changes, I am hoping it helps, but I do recognize I need to buy a protein skimmer. What are some hang on back skimmers that you would recommend? I do not want to have an internal skimmer if I can help it. I am turning the back area into more of a refugium like I had in a previous setup. That previous setup had no issues. Of course that was 7 years ago and a lot has changed.

Looking for any advice on which HOB skimmer to get. Advice on Nitrate control is welcome as well, but I want to see what happens when I make all these changes before I go deeper than the rabbit hole.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CPR makes some good skimmer Link

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back