Best Bryopsis&GHA products for SPS Dom.MxRf?

FreeEnergyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I would love to know your experience with bryopsis &GHA medication products. The infestation is in a 75g SPS dominated Mixed Reef. 1year old. Parameters are: Alk-9.9,Cal-450,Mag-1340,Nitrate-10, Phos- .03,PH-8.2. The Bryopsis&GHA started a week after dosing redsea ab+ I still continued dosing for a month like a dummy and now it's a problem. I've manually scrubbed the patches with a toothbrush and vacuumed it out,stopped dosing ab+,turned my white light cycle down to 2hrs a day and it has stopped progressing but there are a few stubborn patches that keep coming back it seems regardless of how many times I manually remove them. So now I am looking into other options including medications like fluconazole and tech m to completely eradicate the remaining small patches. My biggest concern is the livelihood of my high end sps colonies and other very expensive corals in this tank. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

rengb6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Fluconazole in my tank and saw no side effects on my coral (SPS, zoas, acan, favia, rock flower anemone, and gonipora). I used the link below to guide my dosing. The only thing I did differently was I never re-introduced carbon to take out the Fluconazole after 2 weeks - 1 month like the guide suggests. Its been almost 2 months since my first dose and all I've done is 15% bi-weekly water changes so some of the medication should still be in my tank. All of my briopsis disappeared within 2 weeks.

OP
OP
FreeEnergyReefer

FreeEnergyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just scrubbed off the patches for the last time. We'll see what happens. Aslong as there's no I'll side effects with flucon I'll try it(what brand did u use?), I just dont believe that some corals wont atleast loose color. F-it, Anyone gotta seahare they'll rent for a week? Heugh but Thanks again
I used Fluconazole in my tank and saw no side effects on my coral (SPS, zoas, acan, favia, rock flower anemone, and gonipora). I used the link below to guide my dosing. The only thing I did differently was I never re-introduced carbon to take out the Fluconazole after 2 weeks - 1 month like the guide suggests. Its been almost 2 months since my first dose and all I've done is 15% bi-weekly water changes so some of the medication should still be in my tank. All of my briopsis disappeared within 2 weeks.

OP
OP
FreeEnergyReefer

FreeEnergyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TBH I'm really just looking for a bunch of people to say how much of a miracle this flucon so it convinces me to try it. What about this Kent Tech M? Anyone used it without torching any acros?

OP
OP
FreeEnergyReefer

FreeEnergyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I've heard too much now that reefers are having mysterious sps deaths following fluconazole treatment. Never seen it myself but I e heard enough to shy me away.I'm just gonna add some cuc n if it comes back or tries to expand I'm dropping a sea hare in for a week.

rengb6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would bet the people who lost SPS experienced nutrient spikes that killed their corals. It probably wasn’t the Fluconazole. I’d test your water every day and do water changes if your nutrients are increasing to dangerous levels and then add more fluconazole. Alternatively, you could beef up your CUC so they eat the algae as fast as it’s dying off (which would probably help keep nutrients down?). I’ll link what I used below.

If you don’t want to take a chance on the medication, I bought a Mexican turbo snail that was slowly working his way through the bryopsis before I got inpatient and added Fluconazole.

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TBH I'm really just looking for a bunch of people to say how much of a miracle this flucon so it convinces me to try it. What about this Kent Tech M? Anyone used it without torching any acros?
I tried Kent Tech M but didn’t work. I believe they changed it

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FluxRx destroyed some acros in my tank. Others lost polyp extension and still have not recovered. Has nothing to do with nutrients as they njtrate/phosphate were tested daily. On day 3 alk consumption went to a stand still based on my trident tests. Toughed it out until day 10 and 90% of the bryopsis was killed but my tank is essentially ruined. Years of growth gone and what survived is just pathetic looking. Actually makes me want to just throw everything out and start over. If someone had a lot of SPS coral, specifically Acros, I would not recommend using Flucanazole aka the Acro Killer.

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue life Flux rx does kill bryopsis i am killing it right now with it and frankly after a year of trying everything else see build tread if i loss a few corals oh well better then tje whole tank

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the stuff from brs website (their fungal treatment for bryopsis) and it worked amazing. I mean amazing no joke. I have clams and acros and they were being starved of nutrients, used that for 3 weeks and everything is back on the up and up. Well worth it.
20210326_200117.jpg

Back