Best calcium reactor for my tank?

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geo makes a great unit
I've heard that and seen lots of good systems that run geo. I was gonna get one originally as well. I had a korallen unit previously but the bubble counter cracked and you csnt bypass it you have to spend like 150 to replace the lit and bubble counter. So it sat in the basement for a few years. When I decided it was time it was a toss up between geo and vertex. I just went with vertex bc I had good experience with their products.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If you are willing to wait 8 weeks for delivery, take a look at the Aquarium Engineering ACR, It is fully automatic and does not require a perilastic pump or PH probe.

Fully made in the USA with a lifetime warranty.
Like the looks of this but $1500 ???????

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium engineering... that's the dude with the giant fish tank in his living room?... Like its 15ft x 10ft or something. It's insane.i forget his name... He makes some amazing stuff. All lab grade overkill quality. But you pay for it.

I dont use a peristalic pump for my reactor. I feed it off my manifold with a 1/4" john guest fitting and stiff ro type line. I use a needle valve on the return to adjust my effluent drip. I really like the ph controller bc you really can fine tune it and not have to worry about the co2 bubble counter to try to regulate the system.

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geo Reef all the way - i have the dual chamber CR 612x2 , 20 lb CO2 tank with the Carbon Doser regulator.
Big money up front , but in the long run..i'm spending less money on two part.
Absolutely love the calcium reactor, wish i started using it sooner, Everything is growing and water is stable
4.jpg
a.jpg

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geo Reef all the way - i have the dual chamber CR 612x2 , 20 lb CO2 tank with the Carbon Doser regulator.
Big money up front , but in the long run..i'm spending less money on two part.
Absolutely love the calcium reactor, wish i started using it sooner, Everything is growing and water is stable
4.jpg
a.jpg
That's a gorgeous milli, what is it?

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a TUNZE 3171 for a 133 gallon RSR 625XXL. It just works. It's insanely simple. It's ridiculously quiet. Nothing fancy except the performance is outstanding! It's my most invisible piece of equipment in my tank! It's a shame more people don't consider it because it's a game changer for consistency and it would improve many tanks considerably.

TUNZE also makes a larger 3172.

You never hear of them but mine just works.
Yes. I have one for my 120
Not up now as demand is not thier yet.
I am going to run the tunze media.
What media do you run?
Thier skimmers are the same, simple to run and they just work.

Tureefik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geo 612 dual chamber ,reborn, remag ,carbon doser, kamoer peristaltic Love it!

Mr4000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the Deltec Twin Tech 1500 fully automated from Adam at Battelcorals. I used a Geo and loved it just decided to go automated, Reef Builders has a couple great videos on it, the only thing its very expensive!

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the Deltec Twin Tech 1500 fully automated from Adam at Battelcorals. I used a Geo and loved it just decided to go automated, Reef Builders has a couple great videos on it, the only thing its very expensive!

Very cool, please post a review after you get it setup!

Panky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say Aquarium Engineering ACR is the way to go. What size tank do you have? Contact Bill Wann and he will give you the size needed for your tank. By the time you spend all the money on dosers, valves, and so on, it will be about the same price. Maybe a little more, but it has a lifetime warranty. Mine has been running for quite some time with an el-cheapo regulator, that I bought on Amazon for $40.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering the Deltec CR Twintech 1500. I was thinking about Geo, Aqua engineering and DaStaCo. I'm not going with AQE because the guy that runs the place is honestly so far behind on things it would take for ever to get the thing. Geo has the same... we take for ever to build these things excuse. DaStaCo runs fine on regular media as I have a friend using it with no issues and it was in the lead of my search till I found the Deltec....
The Deltec pricing is on par with the DaStaCo too. there are some places selling the Deltec in the USA. If your interested I'll let you know via PM. Just don't want to give them a free plug here.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Battlecorals is a great vendor for Deltec products if you decide to go that way. Not sure if they have experience with the new ca RC, but wouldn’t hurt to ask them.

diemaker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering the Deltec CR Twintech 1500. I was thinking about Geo, Aqua engineering and DaStaCo. I'm not going with AQE because the guy that runs the place is honestly so far behind on things it would take for ever to get the thing. Geo has the same... we take for ever to build these things excuse. DaStaCo runs fine on regular media as I have a friend using it with no issues and it was in the lead of my search till I found the Deltec....
The Deltec pricing is on par with the DaStaCo too. there are some places selling the Deltec in the USA. If your interested I'll let you know via PM. Just don't want to give them a free plug here.

I to am considering a deltec of course I just installed a trident system could have saved that money lol. what would your plan be for adding trace elements to the tank? From my limited knowledge of the system it only does cal and alk from the media?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back