Best Compact solution?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,

Looking at you guy's products and I'm thinking of getting the Twist-in 100 GPD system. The area in my apartment that I can mount this on is just about 12 inches, so this works well for me.

One question: if my area has a good amount of chloramine, I believe I will need the chloramine add on? Can I mount it below the main Twist-in system?

FYI, my water statistics:

From the Tap (rough measurements from a neighbor)
Nitrate: about 10ppm
Hardness GH PPM: ~100
chlorine: ~0.8ppm
pH: ~8.0
TDS: like 210

From our local water authority
Hardness: 8 grains/gal or 130 mg/L
pH: 7.6
Chloramine Residual: 2.7 ppm
Fluoride: 0.7 ppm
Sodium: 22 ppm
Nickel: 0.5 ppb
Calcium: 39 mg/L
Chloride: 35 mg/L
Magnesium: 7 mg/L
Sulfate: 40 mg/L

Thanks!

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Hi you would want to add either the KDF85 cartridge or the Chloraguard cartridge between the sediment cartridge and the carbon cartridge or carbon and membrane. The carbon filters with the RO units are good for Chlorine only.

Let us know if you have additional questions, will be glad to help.

OP
OP
VR28man

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, I got myself a Twist-In 75 GPD 4-Stage Reverse Osmosis/Deionization System.

What's the best way to connect the KDF85 between the sediment and carbon filter? It looks like I should take off the tubing between the sediment and carbon filter, and then use two seperate lengths of tubes to connect the sediment stage and KDF85, and then the KDF85 and carbon filter?

Thanks!

Nevermind the above.

Bottom line: the only place I can mount a RODI kit in my apartment is near the washing machine. I need to mount the RODI unit to the wall.

I want the unit to output either RO and RODI to a destination bucket

As above, Aquatic Life recommends I use a chloramine filter.

What is the best solution for me? I would like a simple solution.

It seems that I need a sediment filter, which should go to the chloramine removal stage, which should go to the carbon filter, which should go to the RO stage. From there it seems (in addition to the waste water stage) that I should have a tap that either outputs RO, or sends RO to the DI stage.

I tried the RO Buddie but couldn't figure it out for the life of me and so I returned it.

The "Four Stage Twist On" system, when I opened it, looked almost perfect for my use, but it looks like it doesn't have either a) a chloramine stage or b) a way to output RO besides sending it to the DI stage. I got the KDF85 but there's no obvious way to connect it between the sediment and carbon stage

It seems that retrofitting the chloramine filter is theoretically possible but practically very difficult because of the amount of tubing between the sedment and carbon stage is barely an inch long.
IMG_0716.jpg

Same would seem to apply with putting a valve of some sort between the RO and DI stages. (assuming such a valve even exists and would not need to be custom made).

Any suggestions? Should I get a different RO system?

(like getting the "Classic 100 GPD 4-Stage Reverse Osmosis/Deionization System", removing the DI stage, putting the chloramine stage in the middle, and then installing connecting the "filtered" output stage to an extra add on canister with the DI stage?)
Nevermind, that won't work; i measured it and that won't fit.

Thank you!

Last edited:

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
With the 75 GPD unit you would have a set of elbows included with the unit that would allow you to put the elbows between the sediment and the carbon to run water to the KDF85 unit. Similar to installation F in the manual you would just place the elbows between the sediment and the carbon filter.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.2%
Back