OP
Sleeping Giant

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have ordered for shipping from Fragbox and gone to store to p/u . A bit pricey imo, but always good quality stuff. NAFB in Scarborough, is a LFS I frequent, friendly and knowledgeable staff family run. I will do the Big Als, Scarborough, Newmarket , Thornhill, and Whitby locations as well. I prefer Scarborough location on the whole, more variety and I can price haggle with the fish room manager there, he's a good young fella....

Is there a LFS for you in Thunder Bay?
There is a LFS here, but it's basically 2, 20 Gallon tanks, low selection and not that well kept, at least not as nice as the freshwater tanks.

Although I did get most of my live stock from them and had no issues, but they also looked way better after getting into my aquarium.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a LFS here, but it's basically 2, 20 Gallon tanks, low selection and not that well kept, at least not as nice as the freshwater tanks.

Although I did get most of my live stock from them and had no issues, but they also looked way better after getting into my aquarium.
Wow , 2 small tanks seems hardly worth it for the work involved. Are they pricey or reasonable? Comparable to an online order price by the time you include shipping?

OP
OP
Sleeping Giant

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow , 2 small tanks seems hardly worth it for the work involved. Are they pricey or reasonable? Comparable to an online order price by the time you include shipping?
Actually the prices are great, to be honest they are the same price and sometimes lower. I got my RBTA for $40 and a yellow goby for $30.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a new store as well in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
bayside coral.
good price, good service, good shipping and frags are a good size.
Another +1 for Bayside Corals. They have a really good coral selection (they’ve actually been around for quite a few years but only recently expanded their online presence). Definitely worth checking out in-person if you’re in the Saskatoon area.

Mom.VS.Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another +1 for Bayside Corals. They have a really good coral selection (they’ve actually been around for quite a few years but only recently expanded their online presence). Definitely worth checking out in-person if you’re in the Saskatoon area.
Agreed!

OP
OP
Sleeping Giant

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a new store as well in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
bayside coral.
good price, good service, good shipping and frags are a good size.
I've been thinking about ordering from them, haven't yet.

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious about what fellow Canadians consider the best coral and fish stores in Canada?
Why?
Online?
Local?

So far, mine would have to be FragBox, online for me, great delivery and packaging. I've only ordered inverts from them so far, but I can just imagine the fish delivery will be the same.
Hello fellow Canadian. Online? Canada corals and candy corals. In store I suggest Jl and Canada corals. Those are my lfs and they are amazing

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fragbox in Toronto is good online coral store. However have had diseased fish from them a lot! My fav lfs is in Burlington Ontario called the coral reef shop. Top notch!

OP
OP
Sleeping Giant

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow Canadian. Online? Canada corals and candy corals. In store I suggest Jl and Canada corals. Those are my lfs and they are amazing
I just got an order from Candy Corals, I've ordered from them at least 6 times and has been great every time.

Stain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Candy Corals for me online, amazing customer service. Have ordered multiple times, Afnan truly cares about his customers. One day I will make the three hour drive to visit his store. AP Corals also has amazing SPS if you are close to New Castle, very well priced, very nice man to deal with.

OP
OP
Sleeping Giant

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Candy Corals for me online, amazing customer service. Have ordered multiple times, Afnan truly cares about his customers. One day I will make the three hour drive to visit his store.
I'm sure it would be worth the drive. I would but I'm too far away lol

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking about ordering from them, haven't yet.
Bayside is a good group of folks. I know the owner, and he’s very particular about his corals. You can almost always be guaranteed that they will look as good if not better than the pictures - because he often temporarily pulls corals from inventory if they have any temporary fading, etc. - and doesn’t put them back up until he’s completely happy.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.2%
Back