Best coral and fish stores in Canada

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious about what fellow Canadians consider the best coral and fish stores in Canada?
Why?
Online?
Local?

So far, mine would have to be FragBox, online for me, great delivery and packaging. I've only ordered inverts from them so far, but I can just imagine the fish delivery will be the same.

edit, not liking FragBox anymore lol

Last edited:

Robertellis30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of subject. Anyone up there ever see any red arowanas? That’s a dream fresh water fish! Impossible to get here in Oregon.

Ruskin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm relatively local to Fragbox and find them to be pretty pricey to be honest. A few of the Big Al's locally usually have the same inverts at half the cost.

I have ordered from ND aquaculture and Mitchell is fantastic. Corals are great, excellent packaging and shipping. I'll be placing another order with them in a few months when I'm ready for some new fish.

Squidward

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of subject. Anyone up there ever see any red arowanas? That’s a dream fresh water fish! Impossible to get here in Oregon.
I went there about 2 years ago in the Toronto area... Went to a few LFS and saw some small red ones. They were pricey though anywhere from $2-3K. Saw some different variants too that weren't red but would look amazing when fully grown that were in the $1-2K range.

Robertellis30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went there about 2 years ago in the Toronto area... Went to a few LFS and saw some small red ones. They were pricey though anywhere from $2-3K. Saw some different variants too that weren't red but would look amazing when fully grown that were in the $1-2K range.

If only!

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Candy corals and fragbox are both good but dip any coral fron CC I have found a few nudis in paly frags ive bought from them colony pic is from fragbox only 40 bucks the nirvana frag is from CC 20 bucks

Attachments

• 20210322_112035_(1)~2.jpg
    20210322_112035_(1)~2.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 20210219_084234.jpg
    20210219_084234.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
Sleeping Giant

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did another order from @Fragbox Corals
I have ordered from Candy corals, Aquarium Depot and Reef Supplies.
All have been great, easy service. They all had fast delivery and great packaging, whether it's live or dry orders.

I'm actually happy lately with the selections available in Canada.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did another order from @Fragbox Corals
I have ordered from Candy corals, Aquarium Depot and Reef Supplies.
All have been great, easy service. They all had fast delivery and great packaging, whether it's live or dry orders.

I'm actually happy lately with the selections available in Canada.
Have ordered for shipping from Fragbox and gone to store to p/u . A bit pricey imo, but always good quality stuff. NAFB in Scarborough, is a LFS I frequent, friendly and knowledgeable staff family run. I will do the Big Als, Scarborough, Newmarket , Thornhill, and Whitby locations as well. I prefer Scarborough location on the whole, more variety and I can price haggle with the fish room manager there, he's a good young fella....

Is there a LFS for you in Thunder Bay?

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For corals ..
frag box hands down !!

I haven’t seen candy corals in a few years . But at the time thought his were a little on the higher end and pricy .
Canada corals . Has some nice stuff but I haven’t been there in years .
Frag box is where I buy most of my frags

Back