Jeremy K.A.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone I'm always looking for the perfect coral food, something that gets all the Corals puffed up with polyps extended in excitement. I've always felt that the longer the food stays in the water column the better due to corals having more time to catch it. Unlike most people I don't mind it making the water cloudy for a few minutes. What's everyone's favorite food and which stay in the water column longest? Thank you all in advance

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends what you are feeding, and how you are feeding. Broadcast feeding for an SPS tank, I like oysterfeast, rotifers, marine snow and KZ pohls coral vitalizer.

For LPS target feeding- roids, reef chili, pellets, cyclops etc, ideally a blender mush of all these with mysis for larger polyp LPS.

Just my .02

OP
OP
Jeremy K.A.

Jeremy K.A.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends what you are feeding, and how you are feeding. Broadcast feeding for an SPS tank, I like oysterfeast, rotifers, marine snow and KZ pohls coral vitalizer.

For LPS target feeding- roids, reef chili, pellets, cyclops etc, ideally a blender mush of all these with mysis for larger polyp LPS.

Just my .02

I prefer broadcast feeding just because it's faster and easier, not having to stick my arm in the tank etc lol. I've used reef roids, reef chili, benereef, a mixture of all of them

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I broadcast with reef roids but I also spot feed the lps, mushrooms, nems fish eggs. They really respond to that. They love them. It’s hard to find good eggs, even the brs eggs in a bottle come half good half bad so I just pick out the bad ones. Little tedious but it’s only once a week with whichever I choose to use. I try to do eggs at least once a month.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
Back