Best coralline algae product? I am looking to dose my aquarium.

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snails are cleaning machines i ordered 30 from California about a week after I had pink spots it is starting on my rock now

lil sumpin

Digital Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Azedenkae
hey OP! im reviving this dead horse of a thread out of curiosity...

I'm wondering what course you took after all the back and forth I just read through :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

It seems Arc's coralline in a bottle draws a lot of criticism and a fair amount of credibility too.. I'm beginning to see more of this kind of product too

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Azedenkae

I'm wondering what course you took after all the back and forth I just read through :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

It seems Arc's coralline in a bottle draws a lot of criticism and a fair amount of credibility too.. I'm beginning to see more of this kind of product too
ARC's coraline works if your water is good. It's that simple. It's just not fast.

OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Azedenkae

I tried a bunch of products, including Arc. None worked. D:

AstroCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried a bunch of products, including Arc. None worked. D:
Depends on tank age as well, as others have said - clean, stable water parameters are a must.

I added ARC purple helix to my tank about 6 months ago, I started seeing coralline algae form about 3 weeks ago.

slambulance

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now that things have stabilized and all that, I am thinking it's time to try and grow coralline algae.

So, my question is, what products (besides live rock) have you guys had success with? I want something I can dose into the tank to hopefully populate it with some coralline algae.

If you had personal experience with the product, I'd love to hear a bit more about how it worked out for you. And tips or tricks would be appreciated too.

:D
So what I’ve done in the past is buy a single piece of live wet rock, doesn’t have to be big at all. But you can take that small piece and scratch it over the surface your are trying to seed to. You should see the coralline algae go from one rock to the other. Like a purple scratch. This gets the algae into your tank and you don’t really have to add or change anything. As long as your parameters are good, the algae will take off.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Arc contains viable spores. They will not grow if your water is not ready.
Had good success with that product.

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple up is a calcium that will promote coraline algea. Just do not add to much,watch your calcium levels.

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Can you just pour a bottle of purple up into the tank with fish and corals. It will not harm them?
You want to add in increments as its milkt and support with light and flow. Like other " answers in a bottle" - it may or may not work

FrugalReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get a coral frag or snail with coralline on it and up your magnesium level to at least 1500 ppm while keeping all your other parameters good and stable. It'll take time but eventually coralline will start appearing on places like your rocks or power heads. It first shows up as small specks but over time these specks grow larger and larger.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back