Best dry food for mixed tank

LanaDelNeighh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going on a 2 week vacation in December, have somebody watching my tank, looking for a pellet food to feed while I’m gone. Couple of fish (fire fish, chromies, black cardinal), a Duncan, 2x mushroom, pulsing Xenia, a monty, birds nest, some green polyps, and various snails and crabs.
I feed frozen mysis and bribe, but don’t want to ask my friend to cut up frozen shrimp! Looking for recommendations for some pellet food she can just drop in every couple days. Thanks guys!

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two quick suggestions. First, BRS has a fairly new video on “best” dry fish food. I think they like PE mysis and CD Crossover for example. CD Crossover is interesting as it includes coral food too. Second, take a look at the Eheim autofeeder. I’ve used one for years on a freshwater tank, and am installing one on Reefer over vacation .

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going on a 2 week vacation in December, have somebody watching my tank, looking for a pellet food to feed while I’m gone. Couple of fish (fire fish, chromies, black cardinal), a Duncan, 2x mushroom, pulsing Xenia, a monty, birds nest, some green polyps, and various snails and crabs.
I feed frozen mysis and bribe, but don’t want to ask my friend to cut up frozen shrimp! Looking for recommendations for some pellet food she can just drop in every couple days. Thanks guys!

Our TDO Chroma BOOST is a great option. It was just recently named "Best in Show" by Bulk Reef Supply, as well as being include in the "Best of 2019" list.
1573685755086.png

1573685791461.png

Here is the link to the video:

We have many customers that use in an auto-feeder with no issues. I recommend TDO Small for the fish you described. Your corals will eat it, as well. This product has a 1 year shelf-life and comes in a 3 oz. package. It's a lot of food, so you should not go through it quickly.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Chad

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our TDO Chroma BOOST is a great option. It was just recently named "Best in Show" by Bulk Reef Supply, as well as being include in the "Best of 2019" list.
1573685755086.png

1573685791461.png

We have many customers that use in an auto-feeder with no issues. I recommend TDO Small for the fish you described. Your corals will eat it, as well. This product has a 1 year shelf-life and comes in a 3 oz. package. It's a lot of food, so you should not go through it quickly.

Best,
Chad

Yes! My apologies for not including TDO!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1573685755086.png

1573685791461.png

Best,
Chad

I'm a huge fan of TDO. It's the only dry fish food that I use in my tank.

sarcophytonIndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two quick suggestions. First, BRS has a fairly new video on “best” dry fish food. I think they like PE mysis and CD Crossover for example. CD Crossover is interesting as it includes coral food too. Second, take a look at the Eheim autofeeder. I’ve used one for years on a freshwater tank, and am installing one on Reefer over vacation .
+1 on the eheim feeder

October Sky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1573685755086.png

1573685791461.png

Best,
Chad

I realize this is a dead thread, but what type/size of your food for a pair of clowns? Mainly the size I'm looking for. I have really small diameter New Life Spectrum, and I ran out of the larger size, which they seemed to prefer. Note, my larger one is a fatty.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize this is a dead thread, but what type/size of your food for a pair of clowns? Mainly the size I'm looking for. I have really small diameter New Life Spectrum, and I ran out of the larger size, which they seemed to prefer. Note, my larger one is a fatty.
I recommend TDO Medium for your clownfish. It is 1.7mm.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back