Best food for a Tailspot Blenny?

FreeEnergyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a tailspot a week ago, (wanted 2 but couldn't find any definitive info on identifying sex) so I only got 1. He grazes the rocks and glass slightly and eats fertility frenzy (frozen) that I feed my clowns and ywg's daily. Also eats fauna marin lps pellets when they miss my corals mouths. I've tried nori on a clip which I feed my purple tang with, he doesn't touch that. There's enough algae for him to graze on, Im just worried he's not getting enough greens in his diet and would like to know if anyone found any veggie based foods for this species. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he was really hungry and there was nothing but nori, it would prob eat that. You could try some algae flakes to see it it likes them.

OP
OP
FreeEnergyReefer

FreeEnergyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he was really hungry and there was nothing but nori, it would prob eat that. You could try some algae flakes to see it it likes them.
He's not hungry his belly is swolled already. Just want to make sure he gets his greens n remains healthy instead of filling up on meaty foods. Thx

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a tailspot a week ago, (wanted 2 but couldn't find any definitive info on identifying sex) so I only got 1. He grazes the rocks and glass slightly and eats fertility frenzy (frozen) that I feed my clowns and ywg's daily. Also eats fauna marin lps pellets when they miss my corals mouths. I've tried nori on a clip which I feed my purple tang with, he doesn't touch that. There's enough algae for him to graze on, Im just worried he's not getting enough greens in his diet and would like to know if anyone found any veggie based foods for this species. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou
Mine picks off the rocks and grazes on available algae when I have it in the tank, which right now I don't have any. Mostly it eats frozen brine with spirulina that I feed everyone else. Same with the Starry Blenny in the tank ("Mr. Munch", biggest pig in the tank when the brine shrimp goes in). I guess no one told them that they're supposed to be herbivores.

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Tailspot took a long time to figure out he liked nori, like a week or so. Now he goes right to it when I put it in. He has liked Hikari Seaweed Extreme from day 1. He also eats anything else that comes his way, except the hair algae I that I'm fighting. He totally ignores THAT!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back