Best Fuge light money can buy

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if your thread didn't post everything? Are you asking for opinions on the best fuge light?
I always recommend the Kessil H380. One of the best led grow lights out there IMO :)

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if your thread didn't post everything? Are you asking for opinions on the best fuge light?
I always recommend the Kessil H380. One of the best led grow lights out there IMO :)

Plus it makes your sump look like it is demonic

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean we we are talking spare no expense, I would buy this one:
SUN.jpg

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been very happy with the H80 and H160 but I believe both of those to be too small for your application. If you went with Kessil, I'd go with the H380. There are numerous "black box" options that people have had good results and I've seen a number of users that were happy with the UFO grow lights as well.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size Fuge?

It's part of my sump. Water volume = 12w x 12d x 10h.

But I'm sure it would be effective on a fuge twice that size as you could adjust the spread by raising or lowering the light.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's part of my sump. Water volume = 12w x 12d x 10h.

But I'm sure it would be effective on a fuge twice that size as you could adjust the spread by raising or lowering the light.

That is about the max area I found the H80 to be effective. It covers a large area but not with enough intensity to be effective. The biggest issue I ran into with the H80 was it's ability to penetrate more than a few inches. The H160 improved that a little bit (I have both running over our refugium at the moment to see if I can lower nutrients further than the H160 alone but dont have an conclusive results yet. I heavily feed our fish so I'm asking more of the refugium than most reefers.

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back