Best Glass Aquarium Cleaning Magnet

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pivitol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Algae Free Tigersharks and they are great on my 3/4" acrylic tank. Magnets are crazy strong.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using a mighty magnet and I love it. It's been a lot better for me than my algae free

yak85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mighty magnets are the best for me. Especially when using on thicker glass such as 1/2 inch or on thicker acrylic. Also have used the scraper pad from for them. Works great on stubborn coralline algae. Won’t use anything else now!

JoeKelley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using an Algae free Hammer head but out like to try the new Tunze, my glass is 5/8", can anyone recommend which model? I used Tunze years ago and really liked it.

Joe

Caseyoidae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magfloats, since I can remember. Now I use them for everything but the glass. Great tang feeders too. I've always liked the 100 pack straight edge razors best for glass

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think anything out there compares to the strength of the Algae Free cleaners. I have a Hammerhead (rated for 1/2”) on my 3/4” Red Sea and it cleans very well and no risk of the magnets coming apart. Well, I found a great deal of $20 for a used Great White (rated for 3”4”) and that thing is Super strong. I actually get tired when I use that one. I might just glue a frag rack to it since it’s too strong.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think anything out there compares to the strength of the Algae Free cleaners. I have a Hammerhead (rated for 1/2”) on my 3/4” Red Sea and it cleans very well and no risk of the magnets coming apart. Well, I found a great deal of $20 for a used Great White (rated for 3”4”) and that thing is Super strong. I actually get tired when I use that one. I might just glue a frag rack to it since it’s too strong.

Yeah those Algae Free magnets are really strong. That is what I like about them and they clean really well.

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t forget to cast you vote above
I see a lot of Algae free magnets owners happy but few on results above

Vuuduu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve only used a mag float and just recently bought a tunze long. Wow what a difference!! the tunze is amazing, since only the blades are touching the glass there’s less chance to scratch. It’s still pretty close and if you have large chunks they can get caught, but if your careful it’s a very good scraper.

Vuuduu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, saying how much I like the tunze, I do wish the wet side floated. With practice I’ve learned how to transfer it from one side to the next without having it fall. It still falls to bottom everyonce in a while though.

Tphill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Algae Free Hammerhead and a Tiger Shark. Have had both for several years. Very happy with them, haven't had to purchase another magnetic glass cleaner since I got these. Mine are not the plus, I got them before the plus was available.

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Flipper because of its buoyancy and it falls apart it doesn’t sink like a stone.
I also have the Tunze , gate the fact that if it separates you’ll have to retrieve it. I do like the curved edges on the Tunze so it doesn’t cut into the silicone as easily.
Not sure but I heard Flipper is making curves edges on their blades now as well? Can anyone confirm this?

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Tunze long, an Algae Free Hammerhead and a Flipper. The Tunze works well but I end up hating it because it's very awkward to move it to the next pane without losing the wet side....so I have reach in the tank to re-attach it....then the dang thing comes apart! Y0u would think they could make it fit tight enough it wouldn't come apart at the slightest touch!

The Hammerhead works ok but it's almost too strong. Makes it difficult to use at times.

The Flipper isn't perfect but it works well for me. With the regular size I can clean my entire tank (72x24x21 and I clean the back glass too) in about 5 minutes.

shnapper20

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok have a hammer head plus on a bare bottom tank, worked a treat, decided to go to a sand bottom and yes i have a couple of scratches now after being extremly careful and trying to avoid sand getting caught in the pad. Im now going to get a tunze long

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I like the Flipper because of its buoyancy and it falls apart it doesn’t sink like a stone.
I also have the Tunze , gate the fact that if it separates you’ll have to retrieve it. I do like the curved edges on the Tunze so it doesn’t cut into the silicone as easily.
Not sure but I heard Flipper is making curves edges on their blades now as well? Can anyone confirm this?
Id contact flipper themselves to confirm.

kevin.st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scratched the hell out of my $4k tank with a flipper. I hate that thing with a passion.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back