• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I scratched the hell out of my $4k tank with a flipper. I hate that thing with a passion.

the main reason I went with a tunze And to think I thought it was the best thing on earth and it was Not cheap. The hammerhead also does a great job but you get spoiled with the Tunze

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hammerhead with Easy scraper from BRS. Had all of the above at one time o0r the other but this is the only one that I have had that easily takes care of coraline algae.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hammerhead with Easy scraper from BRS. Had all of the above at one time o0r the other but this is the only one that I have had that easily takes care of coraline algae.

Giving credit to its' very strong magnets and scraper

shnapper20

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd used Magfloats since they were the latest thing... pretty much automatic, I bought a new tank, needed a new mag-float.

A couple years back, I bought a 'flipper'. Loved it. Wrote a fairly lengthy review, very positive. After using it for 6 months, I noted that I'd badly damaged the silicone in my tank. Too strong, too sharp, just too much.

Won a Tunze Long at a fragfest a year or so back. I wouldn't likely have bought one... too expensive. But... since it was free... After using it for a while, I'll probably never have anything else. With my new tank, I bought a Strong, since it's 3/4" glass. Still love it. Aggressive enough, strong enough, easy to navigate in tight areas, easy to keep clean... works great, no damage to my silicone, just exactly right.

I still have a mag-float in my sump. No sand in there, just want to be able to clean the front of the refugeum once in a while. Gave the Flipper to a friend, with a word of caution about damaging silicone.
hi grey beard, whats your view on the tunze long now, the reason I ask I had one on my last tank but within six months it no longer cut it, I think the plastic blade lost its edge

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi grey beard, whats your view on the tunze long now, the reason I ask I had one on my last tank but within six months it no longer cut it, I think the plastic blade lost its edge
Still love it. More than ever, since they've got the life jacket available for them now. Those plastic scraper blades can be replaced. I use stainless, but if you've got an acrylic tank, you can just get a new plastic one (or use a knife blade to re-sharpen the old one).

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They recommend blade change twice a year and Marine depot carries them

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back