Best led light and hang on skimmer for 14gal rimless cube mixed reef?

Needmoreglue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a 14 gal mixed reef tank and am looking for filtration and led lighting ideas for the best color. Filter and skimmer will be hang on due to tank location and I will have a mix of sps and Lps coral. Thnx for any ideas

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the AI prime 16 on my 10 AIO. Not the cheapest option but great shimmer.

I've not had very good luck with the nano skimmers I've tried. I used an Aquamaxx HOB 1.5 on my Fusion 20 AIO and was very happy.

Is the tank you're using an AIO?

Cmooreinor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with the aquamax skimmer... used it years ago and was super happy with it. I still have it as a backup.

OP
OP
N

Needmoreglue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the AI prime 16 on my 10 AIO. Not the cheapest option but great shimmer.

I've not had very good luck with the nano skimmers I've tried. I used an Aquamaxx HOB 1.5 on my Fusion 20 AIO and was very happy.

Is the tank you're using an AIO?
The tank isn't an aio. I was looking at the prime 16hd reef. I like the program options.
Thnx for the reply

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
spend the money on a xr15 i switched from ai 16hd to g4 pro xr15 and im glad i did they are worth the extra

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank isn't an aio. I was looking at the prime 16hd reef. I like the program options.
Thnx for the reply
Ok, the IM 20 I had was an AIO and the Aquamax skimmer just barely fit in the back. If it was not an AIO, it would have been a little easier to place.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the ice cap nano on my tank and its a great skimmer

Back