Best LFS for SPS

Zac Cannizzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I recently moved to the area and have checked out a few LFS. So far, while the options for fish have seemed good, I have been disappointed in the quality and selection of coral, especially SPS. Any recommendations on good LFS in the DC Metro?

xilni

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope this isn't too late to be helpful but have you checked out Tropical Lagoon in Silver Spring?

wildcrazyjoker81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi All,

I recently moved to the area and have checked out a few LFS. So far, while the options for fish have seemed good, I have been disappointed in the quality and selection of coral, especially SPS. Any recommendations on good LFS in the DC Metro?

You will have better luck on the local group WAMAS. Lots of SPS guys in the DMV for sure as I just picked up a JF Homewrecker, TCK Inferno, Pink Panther, and few others last week from a WAMAS Member.

diablomaster9045

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

So the shops are ok out here. You are better hopping on the WAMAS forums as there are some major stick heads out here. almost all the good sps are going to be from hobbyists in the area.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back