Best LFS in Bay Area

AgentSPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had ich and marine velvet kill my clowns- caught it from aquatic collections or California reef co. Do you QT your fish from aquatic collections and if so do you medicate from the start or observe to see if the fish have something?
Thanks for your
I had ich and marine velvet kill my clowns- caught it from aquatic collections or California reef co. Do you QT your fish from aquatic collections and if so do you medicate from the start or observe to see if the fish have something?
Thanks for your help!
Best practice to always QT all fish no matter how reputable shop is. Shops can only do so much when they have constant turnover of livestock coming in from all different sources. There used to be a shop in Milpitas that carried high end fish and, as part of their practice, would QT all their fish for two weeks. But they charged a premium for this. Works for low volume, high end but not for the average aquarium shop business model.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is hit and miss with aquatic collection. I've had fish do just fine, and lost others--usually they disappear in my tank never to be seen again. I once had velvet and it prob. came from t hem, but the fault was mine for adding way too many fish to a small tank at one time. It was the stress that brought it out I'm sure. Never had velvet or ich from them again. Just fish that don't always make it and that is probably more to the way fish are shipped, stressed and sold--an industry thing. Same with corals. Some make it, some are already stressed even if we don't see it at the lfs. I still shop there. My choices are few. Randy's in stockton surprised me. Got 2 dragonettes that are thriving and a watchman goby doing well. Another goby disappeared in my tank. Could still be there somewhere...

paul17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
under the sea in rohnert park 94928 has a new owner Jeremy and his crew got the store looking super

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw, aquatic collection in my experience has been awesome. Cheaper and closer for me compared to Neptune. Neptune definitely is another awesome place. I have not been to high tide , will check that out

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back