Best LFS in Cleveland, Ohio?

acshaw80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a suggestion for a good LFS in Cleveland, Ohio? I used to go to RMS way back when, but I am not sure how trustworthy they are.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay away from RMS for anything saltwater.....they do still have a great freshwater selection though. I highly recommend Bluefish Aquariums in Mayfield which is about a half an hour from Cleveland.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hit Aquatica and Aquatic technology usually...... 2 shops close to each other makes the trip worthwhile.

I find Aquatica better for coral, and aquatic tech better for fish

bmbpka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquatic Technology - good for random oddball stuff. Sometimes, they have a good deal on piece of coral. There last weekend and both coral tanks were bleached.

Aquatica - just okay, cheapest Red Sea salt you can find. It’s close so I frequent. Can sometimes not be the friendliest. I’ve left there before feeling dumb and questioning myself. Owner tends to make you feel like you are an idiot

Salty Critters - love this place. He recently downgraded but all around good people and usually good deals.

triton - seems to have really gone down hill. Ever since he moved down the street it seems like that place just stopped caring IMO.

blue fish - seems to be the best around now. Will who I think is the manager now has really turn their image around. He is always willing to help people locally on the forums and always takes care of people at the store.

tidal gardens - than is great. Coral only and appointment. Doesn’t always have the high end stuff, but he has quality clean stuff.

depending on what you are looking for (live stock) there are better deals locally on the FB group pages then any of the stores. I think most of the local shops are struggling with coral lately. But I think it’s a supply issue not them.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquatic Technology - good for random oddball stuff. Sometimes, they have a good deal on piece of coral. There last weekend and both coral tanks were bleached.

Aquatica - just okay, cheapest Red Sea salt you can find. It’s close so I frequent. Can sometimes not be the friendliest. I’ve left there before feeling dumb and questioning myself. Owner tends to make you feel like you are an idiot

Salty Critters - love this place. He recently downgraded but all around good people and usually good deals.

triton - seems to have really gone down hill. Ever since he moved down the street it seems like that place just stopped caring IMO.

blue fish - seems to be the best around now. Will who I think is the manager now has really turn their image around. He is always willing to help people locally on the forums and always takes care of people at the store.

tidal gardens - than is great. Coral only and appointment. Doesn’t always have the high end stuff, but he has quality clean stuff.

depending on what you are looking for (live stock) there are better deals locally on the FB group pages then any of the stores. I think most of the local shops are struggling with coral lately. But I think it’s a supply issue not them.

I don’t have facebook and I’m missing out on that supply I guess. Mind if I DM you my phone number and if you see a nice Gig or Mag in the Cleveland area, let me know?

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ryan is the owner/manager of Bluefish (the spiky hair guy). He is very helpful and will talk anything fish related for days lol.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ryan is the owner/manager of Bluefish (the spiky hair guy). He is very helpful and will talk anything fish related for days lol.
yeah I remember when the 1st opened across the street. I thought he was cool also, the other guy had a different personality. I haven’t seen him.
Anyway, his shop is more similar in look/feel to south/west places.
Aquatic Tech could use a makeover, TBH.
Aquatica could use some space...
All three employ Ohio people and in these times, Godspeed/Godbless

britnicole1724

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an older thread- I was searching for a store closer to me than Macedonia but there’s a new place out there called Great Lakes fish and coral, super solid place. Andrew, the owner, is ALWAYS there and super super helpful in answering any questions. Every time we’ve been in there, everything always looks very healthy and the place is extremely clean. Best one we’ve been to but it’s about an hour drive for us unfortunately.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back