Best LFS in DFW for Fish

Tallison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a 150 4ft. Just got it cycled last month and now i'm slowly stocking it with corals and fish. What about you?

Sterlingg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 130 rimless. Been running for about 4 mos now.
44fe6a3436570140ca2bb54e12f2e06d.jpg

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
depends on if you are looking for common fish or you want some stuff that is not soo common. If you want some not soo common stuff, you best bet is Exotic Fish-N-Tanks in Richardson. I have dealt with Rodney and he is a great guy. Always have stuff that you will never see in any other LFS in DFW.

Frank's Tanks is also a great place for some great product. His store is super clean and you can tell he takes care of his stuff.

Doug 7727

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
depends on if you are looking for common fish or you want some stuff that is not soo common. If you want some not soo common stuff, you best bet is Exotic Fish-N-Tanks in Richardson. I have dealt with Rodney and he is a great guy. Always have stuff that you will never see in any other LFS in DFW.

Frank's Tanks is also a great place for some great product. His store is super clean and you can tell he takes care of his stuff.
I think I have been to Frank's if it's the one I'm thinking of he has a red Sea tank up front with stunning coral in it. Good store if you ask me

reelredfisah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New here from Lewisville area. Want to bring this back to see where folks are having the most luck. Restarting my 180 in wall and will be looking for fish and corals.

I have done a lot of buisiness with John over at DNA over the years. Some good some not so good.

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a goto place for stuff.. mostly healthy fish and corals.. I am getting everything set back up after our move to Flower Mound.
A few stores I have been too have down right disappointed me.

Chase Ringle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odyssey Pets in north Dallas. They have a small fish room but everything looks great. If you are looking for something special they can definitely track it down as well as custom tank builds and installs. The fish and coral they do have always look great and they are very honest about how livestock is doing. Definitely a place to look at if in the area. I know they are working on some changes in the fish room so more tanks will be added soon.

Last edited:

Chase Ringle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odyssey Pets in north Dallas. They have a small fish room but everything looks great. If you are looking for something special they can definitely track it down as well as custom tank builds and installs. The fish and coral they do have always look great and they are very honest about how livestock is doing. Definitely a place to look at if in the area. I know they are working on some changes in the fish room so more tanks will be added soon.

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came across a hole in the wall place you would never know was there. It's called reef outlet located in Lewisville. Place has a lot of great corals and is having a sale right now because they are going to remodel.
I picked up some zoas and a favia for a great price.

Trikflow77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only been to the fish gallery and Dallas North Aquarium, both are pretty nice.

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What used to be Apex is now The Big Little Fish Store (https://shops.thebiglittlefishstore.com/). They're a small shop but always clean, healthy, and the staff is awesome. I highly recommend!!

I've been to all the ones around North Dallas (DNA, Exotic Aquatics, Fish Gallery, Aquatic Design) and this one is by far my favorite.

markysgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to bump this up. I live in EFW and would love some recommendations from this neck of the woods. I visited a store in North Fort Worth called Robert's Reef it was pretty good. He has lots of unusual fish and nice corals (as far as I can tell I'm new to the hobby) I will definitely go back when it's time for fish and corals.

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to bump this up. I live in EFW and would love some recommendations from this neck of the woods. I visited a store in North Fort Worth called Robert's Reef it was pretty good. He has lots of unusual fish and nice corals (as far as I can tell I'm new to the hobby) I will definitely go back when it's time for fish and corals.
Saltwater Paradise, Ocean Avenue, and Franks Tanks are the ones that come to mind. I have been impressed and bought from all of them!

Imback

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Completely new to the hobbie. Currently setting up a 150 DT. I was in DNA last week and there were several dead fish in several tanks. I’m not sure what’s up. I like the place. John and his staff have been great to work with. I asked them about their QT procedures and they said they didn’t have any. Bummer. I was planning on doing my own QT anyways. I’m in Prosper.

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like DNA but I would never put a fish from there directly in my tank.

Frankly, I don’t know of any LFS in the area that actively quarantines their fish. They all seem run hypo salinity and cooper treatment, but I regularly see fish infected with ich.

If you want fish that you don’t have to quarantine or worry about, go to marinecollectors.com!

aedds2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lee Larson with School of Fish in Desoto is who we buy from. Top quality and he can get the hard to find ones as well

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back