Best LFS

GWHouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’re headed over to a braves game and I would like to visit a LFS. Who is best in your area?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you make the trip yet?

OP
OP
GWHouston

GWHouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We found two marine fish stores in ATL. We didn’t make it to Pure Reef but instead went to The Fish Store (that’s the name). BTW I don’t think they’re too far apart. Once you get past the drab store front, the entrance is a small supplies and equipment shop but continue on into the back. There you will find a 50 by 200 plus warehouse filled with acrylic tanks full of just about any fish and invertebraes you would want. Several coffin containers house a huge selection of corals and shromes. Prices are reasonable to good on most small selections. He has large predator fishes as well. The staff is really helpful and knowledgeable. The owner, really nice guy, said he’d been doing this for 40+ years. He even has his acrylic tanks built by his other company. If you are looking for an acrylic he might be a good source. I realize it’s a long drive but when you are going to spend upwards of $400, the drive is not that big of an issue. Make a day if it and have lunch at the Varsity downtown next to GA Tech. We will be going back on occasion if nothing else but to visit, look, and listen.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nemo Aquarium in Duluth, right off I 85 a few minutes North of Atlanta; best quality and prices in Metro area and I have shopped them all.

bubbasguppies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the fish store to be over priced. But am planning on another trip to ATL to look at a few other places. Right now High Tide in Tallahassee,FL is my go to and 1.5hrs south of me instead of 3hrs north.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back