Best Lighting for growing corals in a 15 gallon nano tank? also on a budget of $100

OP
OP
Clowny1221

Clowny1221

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second this suggestion. Hipargero has done me very well when I was on a tight college kid budget. They will grow dang near anything in a 15-gallon tank. I had mine over a 29 biocube and it was growing acros at the top of the water column. I have seen shops down by me also using these instead of Radion, Kessil, etc and they're doing fantastic. Your other option is to wait and pounce on a good deal for an AI Prime on here. I saw one yesterday for $120 with a bracket.
Do you have the aqua prime deal link?

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Whenever I think of good lights on a budget, I think of PopBloom $98

College_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This one has an AI Prime for sale for $130. The one I saw was taken a few days back but for $130, it's not bad. Although if you can wait, you'll probably be able to find one for cheaper. For reference, I paid $100 for a Prime HD with bracket last year. Just have to keep your eyes out.

College_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here is one from tuesday. Not sure if its sold yet or not but $140 for light and arm ain't bad at all

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! That’s awesome. I was also considering a Fluval sea nano led. Would that be okay for good coral growth for SPS AND LPS?
I had a fluval sea, never had sps in my tank at the time but did have good color and spectrum. I got lucky and got used ai prime hd16 for 175 with hanging arm.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back