BEST Lighting Options For First Reef Tank (75 Gal): ReeFi Uno's, Reef Breeders Photon's or Something Else?

Ecce Animot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm looking to pick up my first set of reef lights for my 75 gal currently fish only tank (48" x 18" x 21") – since this is my very first attempt at reef keeping I am planning to start with what I've been led to believe are some of the more beginner friendly options (mushrooms, zoanthids, Xenia, GSP, leathers, Kenya trees have all been suggested).

However, even though I’ve read quite a bit I still feel like too much of a noob at this point to be able to say with any certainty what particular type(s) or combination of corals I will ultimately want or prove competent enough to keep successfully once I’ve got some experience under my belt.

Not surprisingly, the last thing I want is to be forced to upgrade to a different set of lights in 6 months based on initial inexperience or not spending enough, thus what I’m looking for are good, affordable options that are user friendly right out of the box and will allow me the flexibility to keep as much as possible long term.

Based on my budget and online reviews, I’m considering one of the following:
Anyone have any feedback or better suggestions? I would be willing to spend more if it would make sense to do so, but would very much prefer to stay in the $700-$800 range if at all possible – thanks for any help - Cheers!

RicanKing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following, but my tank is a mixed Reef lps dominant tank currently have two orbit r24 and I'm looking for a better option that will grow acropora and montipora. Trying to stay in LED and I am considering the photon v2 pros.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back