Best local stores to get everything saltwater around Worcester and Framingham.

Kimmi2413

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!
I am new to this forum and also to saltwater aquariums. I live in Worcester and I would like to know about local pet stores that have good healthy corals and fish and can help you with aquarium issues.
Thank you!

Hi! I’m new as well. There’s a store in Wilmington ma called love the reef that sell good stuff and are very helpful.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Tropic Isle can be a miss when it comes to corals, but I haven't been there in a while. They do have a lot of fish to chose from though and I have had great luck with their fish. I bought a regal tang from them in 2001, it is still swimming 17 years later. They are one of the only places that I have shopped where they bag your fish with oxygen. They also have a lot of product. I would question their advice though. I was in there once and a shopper asked me advice about moving freshwater fish across the state to a new home. I told her the basics about tempering, etc, bring water, etc, shouldn't have a problem. One of the employees overheard me and her and basically said her fish was going to die due to pH shock or something along the lines that the water was going to be different. It was a weird situation...I did make a sale for the store though, the lady was looking for a bigger filter.

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Junkeez is pretty decent. They have a good mix of coral and are priced fairly.

About 17 minutes up the road in Charlton is Fishy Frags. He’s just getting things up and running and should be putting in some newer tanks.

Worth hitting up both shops.

marxman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on Tropic Isle, they have a lot of Fish, Inverts, and Equipment. As stated a little light on the corals, but they are always getting new stuff in weekly. Staff is knowledgeable, especially Katie.

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to Tropic Isle not too long ago in their new location and it was a mess. The tanks didn't look as well kept as they used to and it smelled pretty bad in there. Does anyone know if they are under new ownership? I think they are. I have always liked the store and had no issues with any fish I got there, but i'm a little leery about it now due to what I saw last time.

chadg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to Tropic Isle not too long ago in their new location and it was a mess. The tanks didn't look as well kept as they used to and it smelled pretty bad in there. Does anyone know if they are under new ownership? I think they are. I have always liked the store and had no issues with any fish I got there, but i'm a little leery about it now due to what I saw last time.
Same ownership. Sounds like you went there when they first moved. They seem to be of same quality as before. You probably just saw some moving break in... It is smaller though.....

Jmc534

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not been there recently, but Tropic Isle in Framingham has been the largest around for a long time,.
I used to be a regular at Tropic but they seem to have gone way down hill as far as fish and inverts are concerned, can’t speak of the corals but the fish look sickly and colorless. I go to European Aquatics in Malden and Love The Reef in Wilmington. Both excellent stores

Jmc534

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% agree, still same ownership but new employees. I go there rarely now

OP
OP
Mary Carmen

Mary Carmen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case you live close to Auburn.... new store alert!!!
Fishy Frags.
Location- 809 Southbridge St Unit 3, Auburn, MA 01501.
I went two days ago and it was a great experience. The owner is really nice and knowledgeable.
I got 3 new soft corals (GSP, Xenia, and Clove Polyp) for my 29 Gallon Biocube, and they all opened up a couple of hours after I acclimated to my tank. I also got nassarius snails.
I hope this info helps.

PhishMonger84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Near Foxboro there is all things aquatic.

honestly the best place for frags is a short drive to Salem NH. Jays' aquatics.

katie@ tropic Isle is awesome and is now the owner, they moved again much better than the intermediary location.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back