Best mount/mount place for AI Prime on a Fluval 13.5?

mje113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally decided to upgrade the stock lighting on my Fluval Eco 13.5 to an AI Prime. I was also planning on ordering a Kraken lid to keep jumpers in, but in the ordering process saw that have dozens of different cutout options for various mount styles available. That got me wondering what would be best.

I ordered the rigid mount and was planning on mounting it in the back, but now I'm realizing that would somewhat restrict what I can put in chamber 2... so now I'm wondering if it would have been better to have gotten the flexible mount and put it in chamber 3 which just has the return pump and thermometer that don't need to be accessed regularly. Curious what others are doing.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 8 16hds. 2 on the metal mount and the rest on the flexable one. The flexable ones are much better, imo, than the other.
I run the 2 metal ones on a 20g nano cube. I just slide them to one side if I need to get into the baskets.

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Have the same exact setup (right down to the Kraken lid - no cutouts on mine). I have the rigid mount on the back of Chamber 2. It doesn’t restrict anything for me - I just have some rubble in chamber 2 and a couple of mangroves for aesthetics. The light doesn’t get in the way.

73ED91E8-A85A-4D11-8842-0DA0F2F87C3C.jpeg

Kraken Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI Prime mounted on the back without a cutout is the most common configuration we see. Feel free to message us with any questions.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back