Best nano sump with fleece roller, I have limited sump space

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers,

Im currently using this sump (measures 18″ long x 18″ wide x 15″ high) and while it’s great and all I really hate the fact that it only has one drain and it’s also a filter sock sump. I’m changing my socks every 2-3 days and would like to integrate a roller mat but this sump isn’t rimless and the emergency drain isn’t secured. I also have a hexagon shaped tank and stand to match so there’s not much room to go wider but I can also place the sump diagonally if need be I just want to get a sump where I can put a roller fleece have a skimmer and also a small fuge.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thank you all.

B09B5644-A57C-4BBF-BB5E-C10845C25ED7.jpeg

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably just buy a cube tank and cut glass to make the baffles the sizes I need to fit the equiptment I want.

Otherwise you may be able to cut the corner sock part out and find something to fit. Most rollers list the sizes.

Example:

but then you have to figure out the skimmer situation. Maybe abandon the fuge and put it in there on a skimmer stand if it fits.

OP
OP
Andresnyc93

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably just buy a cube tank and cut glass to make the baffles the sizes I need to fit the equiptment I want.

Otherwise you may be able to cut the corner sock part out and find something to fit. Most rollers list the sizes.

Example:

but then you have to figure out the skimmer situation. Maybe abandon the fuge and put it in there on a skimmer stand if it fits.
I was actually thinking on going the custom mod route since I can’t find exactly what I’m looking for, I found this from BRS but not quite sure if it’s worth that price to me..

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actually thinking on going the custom mod route since I can’t find exactly what I’m looking for, I found this from BRS but not quite sure if it’s worth that price to me..

I am not sure how inbuilt that roller is but if it breaks... they are located in Australia and no idea how it breaking effects the entire sump or if they require special rolls (supply chain issues these days).

I personally would not use it. I like simple and longevity.

Glass baffles cost me $40 and you can get exactly the size you want for each compartment.

You could also pay an acrylic place to make a custom sump to the dimensions you want at what is probably a lower price then that one you linked and you can use a commonly found roller in it.

OP
OP
Andresnyc93

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure how inbuilt that roller is but if it breaks... they are located in Australia and no idea how it breaking effects the entire sump or if they require special rolls (supply chain issues these days).

I personally would not use it. I like simple and longevity.

Glass baffles cost me $40 and you can get exactly the size you want for each compartment.

You could also pay an acrylic place to make a custom sump to the dimensions you want at what is probably a lower price then that one you linked and you can use a commonly found roller in it.
I think I’ll get something custom made, safer option and I’ll add the reef mat to it

Back