Best Online Coral And Fish Store?

filbie70

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to say The Coral Reef http://www.coralreeftn.com/shop.php. They are owned by Sustainable Aquatics who focuses on developing captive bred and mariculture bred as much as possible. And for their ocean caught you don't have to worry about fish going directly from the ocean to your tank. You know, the ones that hide as soon as you put them into your tank because they have never seen a human before. Where you have to hopefully get them to adapt to processed fish food or they stave to death because they have only eaten live food from the ocean.

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the best and cheapest online fish and coral stores?
Looking for anything specifically? There's a lot of vendors that specialize in types of corals, SPS vs. zoas. You been to all the stores in Los Angeles? Should have a great selection, especially fish wise. Also should be healthy since the LFS can pick them up from the wholesalers there (less stress).

OP
OP
Tristan

Tristan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for anything specifically? There's a lot of vendors that specialize in types of corals, SPS vs. zoas. You been to all the stores in Los Angeles? Should have a great selection, especially fish wise. Also should be healthy since the LFS can pick them up from the wholesalers there (less stress).

More so stony corals. I've been to Aquarium Co, Nature Aquarium, Lax Aquarium. Those are the closest to me

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More so stony corals. I've been to Aquarium Co, Nature Aquarium, Lax Aquarium. Those are the closest to me
You know about Reefapalooza this weekend right? I'm sure there's a ton of nice stuff there.

filbie70

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea. It's okay
I wasn't saying being Petco owned was a positive thing. I ordered a couple of clams from LiveAquaria and had issues. The good thing is they don't ask questions in a DOA situation. Which concerned me that it may happen too often. But, I hate it when any of them die even if credit is given. I haven't bought anything from them since. I used the credit for additives at Fosters and Smith.

OP
OP
Tristan

Tristan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't saying being Petco owned was a positive thing. I ordered a couple of clams from LiveAquaria and had issues. The good thing is they don't ask questions in a DOA situation. Which concerned me that it may happen too often. But, I hate it when any of them die even if credit is given. I haven't bought anything from them since. I used the credit for additives at Fosters and Smith.

Oh okay. I've looked on Live Aquaria and F&S but never ordered from them. Good to know

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the best and cheapest online fish and coral stores?
I'm not sure there is a "best" online fish store. I know at least some online stores have fish shipped straight from the bulk distributors. Others may turn around a fish and ship it out so fast they wouldn't have time to observe how healthy it is. It's really a gamble to order online. And I don't say that to bash online retailers. It's just the way the industry works. You find me an online retailer that holds every fish they sell for at least 30 days prior to offering for sale and I will show you one expensive fish!
Coral is a bit different since many vendors grow their own colonies to frag from.

TheWhiteFord

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liveaquaria and Dr Foster & Smith are Petco. Have you ever been to the marine aquarium section of a Petco store?

This is not true. Live aquaria has a business deal with Petco but their fish are handled completely differently. Live aquaria and Divers Den are probably the best place to get healthy, beautiful fish but they can be a little pricey

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not true. Live aquaria has a business deal with Petco but their fish are handled completely differently. Live aquaria and Divers Den are probably the best place to get healthy, beautiful fish but they can be a little pricey
Petco owns Live Aquaria and Divers Den. The sale closed February 2015.

TheWhiteFord

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco owns Live Aquaria and Divers Den. The sale closed February 2015.

I know this, I was trying to say that they handle their fish completely differently, that they aren't an online embodiment of petco. I should have been clearer in stating that it wasn't true that live aquaria was a bad vendor.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back