Best online retailer? Who do you order your equipment from online?

Beez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting back into the hobby requires much research and of course a many purchases to do things right. I do not have many local shops so I need to do the majority of my purchasing online … who do you use? There are many retailers out there and the web can be a wormhole for sure so I’m hoping to see who reefers here have good experiences with online ordering. Thanks so much!

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always look at saltwateraquarium.com first as they have free shipping on every purchase, freebies starting at a 20 dollar purchase, and often the lowest price. I also use bulkreefsupply but it is free shipping is over 49. Never had an issue with either of them.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always look at saltwateraquarium.com first as they have free shipping on every purchase, freebies starting at a 20 dollar purchase, and often the lowest price. I also use bulkreefsupply but it is free shipping is over 49. Never had an issue with either of them.

I think saltwater stopped the free shipping on every purchase. I had to purchase 39$ on my last order for the free shipping. Not a huge deal cause I just doubled up on some Hanna reagents, but messed me up when I initially went to checkout.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second Saltwateraquarium.com
Super fast shipping, lower free shipping level, freebies!! They have multiple warehouses across the US, so you usually end up with faster shipping than BRS.

My shipping/transit speed had been comparable with both BRS and Saltwater Aquarium. I use both, and haven't had issues with either one.

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go the bulkreefsupply. i have had nothing but the best customer service and fastest delivery from them. I have met the crew from saltqateraquarium.com they are wonderful folks, but if saltwateraquarium peeps are reading this thread- they have one of the worst User experiences for their website. I worked for a global online retailer starting with an A for eight years and I just know who has good online user experience and who can use some improvements.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS is my primary go to.

Townsaquaria

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulk Reef Supply. Best selection and customer service. They ship fast, even with the free shipping option. They've also done a lot for the hobby with their YouTube channel and I'm eternally grateful. Ryan got me first interested in salt with a video he did in their earliest days explaining how a calcium reactor works, and I was hooked. Fascinated at how corals worked but also how someone would take so much time to understand the science and then explain it to others in simple terms.

If BRS is out of something I go to saltwateraquarium.com, but their shipping is a lot slower. I used to go to marinedepot but they got bought out.

If there's something I think is just ridiculously expensive for no reason like dosing containers, I get them from Amazon.

I almost never go to my LFS for equipment which is unfortunate because I want to support local, but the prices are literally double on everything except lights.

DopamineKata

Beltalowda
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Premium Aquatics for me. I prefer to support the smaller guy. BRS is typically overpriced for similar items that I'm looking for. Otherwise, LFS gets my coin (lots to choose from where I am).
That's weird. I just checked their pricves on a handful of things and they were over 20% higher.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back