Best pistol shrimp and goby for pairing up?

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I have a 29gal mixed reed tank with a 20gal sump. I currently have a pair of premium phantom clowns and plan to add a midas blenny, royal gramma, and fire fish. My LFS offers blue-legged pistol shrimp, tiger pistol shrimp, and Randall’s pistol shrimp. Which one of those is the best? What are some small and peaceful gobies that would fit well in my tank with my stocking list? Thank you!

OP
OP
JosephM

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a yellow watchman goby with a tiger pistol shrimp and couldn't be happier with them!
Awesome, I do like the look and personality of a yellow watchmen goby! But would the midas blenny get aggressive with the yellow watchmen? Back when I was first planning my stocking I read not to put fish of the same color because they’ll get aggressive. I don’t know how true that is

OP
OP
JosephM

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a sucker for pink spot and tiger pistol but love many gobies.
I’ll have to look into that one, thank you for the suggestion!
I would worry much about the yellow watchmen and a Midas. Goby won’t venture much and Midas should leave goby alone.
That’s good to know :)

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll have to look into that one, thank you for the suggestion!

That’s good to know :)
Anything can happen when adding fish but they should coexist.

pink spot. Pictures don’t do justice he has small spots of blue that didn’t show in picture
F2A61845-2341-44D4-82DD-3846DABDCCCD.jpeg
9155E9E3-3DFE-43BC-80FB-C789BF0A4322.jpeg

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow!! That might be the one, gorgeous fish. Do they have personality??
He stares at me from the pistol shrimp cave and that’s it lol. He likes to be feed from a coral feed tube and the shrimp will join. He doesn’t do much but is a tank favorite by friends and family

OP
OP
JosephM

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He stares at me from the pistol shrimp cave and that’s it lol. He likes to be feed from a coral feed tube and the shrimp will join. He doesn’t do much but is a tank favorite by friends and family
Awesome lol. Are pistol and shrimp combo best when spot fed?

wlucks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I have a 29gal mixed reed tank with a 20gal sump. I currently have a pair of premium phantom clowns and plan to add a midas blenny, royal gramma, and fire fish. My LFS offers blue-legged pistol shrimp, tiger pistol shrimp, and Randall’s pistol shrimp. Which one of those is the best? What are some small and peaceful gobies that would fit well in my tank with my stocking list? Thank you!
I’m a sucker for the Yasha Gobe And his matching pistol which I think might be a tiger striped I had one and let me tell you his personality was fantastic

Attachments

• D5731811-F900-4E5C-A112-4C0A38FE25A9.jpeg
    D5731811-F900-4E5C-A112-4C0A38FE25A9.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 74
OP
OP
JosephM

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a sucker for the Yasha Gobe And his matching pistol which I think might be a tiger striped I had one and let me tell you his personality was fantastic
Yes! I want one of those so bad, or the Dracula I just hate ordering online and I’ve never seen them in my LFS, maybe they can do special orders... I should definitely ask

OP
OP
JosephM

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to spot feed. I did it because it was fun to interact with them. If I put my hand down to him he will take the food from me.
That’s so cool. Still trying to train my clowns to take food from my hand lol, they’re brand new to me so they’re skittish when my hand goes in

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s so cool. Still trying to train my clowns to take food from my hand lol, they’re brand new to me so they’re skittish when my hand goes in
I have to try it with my clowns. I can get close to them so they may take food.

Good luck on your choice. It’s hard to go wrong with any choice.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back