• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Best place I have ever ... ever ... gotten livestock from

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

fredderf81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I rarely do this but after the experience I had with Quarantinefish.us, I just had to post something.

to start off, this is, by far, the single best place i have EVER gotten anything from regarding anything to to with an aquarium.

I found the website on this forum and, after some trouble with getting sick fish from local fish stores, decided to try it out. I had never ordered fish via mail before and was not very familiar with the quarantine process or what it entailed.

Mike contacted me with some pricing, information about what he does, shipping, and instructions on what to do when i get the fish.

I ordered 4 fish.

The pricing is slightly higher than you would see normally - but keep in mind; you are buying the fish, the chemicals/supplies to quarantine, power and space required, and A LOT of time - i feel the pricing is fair.

After the quarantine process, i received the package via fedex next day air - fedex delivered the package late, in the middle of the day and as i live in illinois and it was freezing, one of the fish was a bit stressed out and died the next day. but they all ARRIVED alive. The packaging was top notch - thick foam box, double bagged, with heat-pack. I was also sent via email instructions on how to properly acclimate the fish - very detailed.

all of the other fish are doing great and very active!

I had emailed Mike to ask if i had done anything wrong that could have caused the death a day later.

Mike actually called me to get more information!!!! we determined that fedex simply delivered the package a bit too late in the cold and the fish was likely stressed out.
Even though it was nothing HE did wrong, he still gave me credit for the dead fish - which i will definitely be using in a future order.

we had a nice chat and he asked for my feedback with the entire process as he uses that to improve! - you can really tell he cares about his business AND his customers.

this is extremely rare these days.

People / businesses that stand out among the rest deserve to be recognized and thanked for their fantastic services.

I will honestly be sticking with this business for pretty much all my livestock aquarium needs in the future.

*** I have not received anything for writing this, nor was anyone aware from quarantinefish.us that I was going to write this review, nor do I expect anything in return for writing it***

kartrsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must echo this experience. I have bought from Mike before and will keep buying from him. Wish I was smart enough to do it from the beginning.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have purchased fish from Mike.

I had one fish die, poor little guy injured himself upon being released into the tank and didn’t make it. My other two fish are doing great. Mike offered me a refund or a credit (I took the credit as I still need to buy more fish!)

I have definitely decided he is my go to for new fish and plan on getting two cherubs and another clown from him. Definitely goes above and beyond!

as OP said price is a bit higher than local LFS or other shops but seeing as I can put my fish right into tank and don’t have to do all that other work I’m more than ok with it (honestly don’t have room for a QT set up)

I feel the best way to return this awesome service he provides is to tell people about him and my experience with him.
T

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear, thanks for the feedback!

Baboo11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I looked for Quarantinefish.us online, and cannot find it. Has this business changed it's name??? Thanks!

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I rarely do this but after the experience I had with Quarantinefish.us, I just had to post something.

to start off, this is, by far, the single best place i have EVER gotten anything from regarding anything to to with an aquarium.

I found the website on this forum and, after some trouble with getting sick fish from local fish stores, decided to try it out. I had never ordered fish via mail before and was not very familiar with the quarantine process or what it entailed.

Mike contacted me with some pricing, information about what he does, shipping, and instructions on what to do when i get the fish.

I ordered 4 fish.

The pricing is slightly higher than you would see normally - but keep in mind; you are buying the fish, the chemicals/supplies to quarantine, power and space required, and A LOT of time - i feel the pricing is fair.

After the quarantine process, i received the package via fedex next day air - fedex delivered the package late, in the middle of the day and as i live in illinois and it was freezing, one of the fish was a bit stressed out and died the next day. but they all ARRIVED alive. The packaging was top notch - thick foam box, double bagged, with heat-pack. I was also sent via email instructions on how to properly acclimate the fish - very detailed.

all of the other fish are doing great and very active!

I had emailed Mike to ask if i had done anything wrong that could have caused the death a day later.

Mike actually called me to get more information!!!! we determined that fedex simply delivered the package a bit too late in the cold and the fish was likely stressed out.
Even though it was nothing HE did wrong, he still gave me credit for the dead fish - which i will definitely be using in a future order.

we had a nice chat and he asked for my feedback with the entire process as he uses that to improve! - you can really tell he cares about his business AND his customers.

this is extremely rare these days.

People / businesses that stand out among the rest deserve to be recognized and thanked for their fantastic services.

I will honestly be sticking with this business for pretty much all my livestock aquarium needs in the future.

*** I have not received anything for writing this, nor was anyone aware from quarantinefish.us that I was going to write this review, nor do I expect anything in return for writing it***
Thanks for the review!! Will certainly check them out!!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back