Best place to buy clams?

Cam_official

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How was your experience? Shipped and packaged well? Pests?
I can vouch for their shipping. I bought a 6" maxima from them 2 weeks ago. The clam was really well packaged. They had it padded between some extra bags so it couldn't roll around in the bag. It was very apparent that they knew how to properly ship clams. I was also really happy with the health of the clam when it arrived. No pinched mantle and reactive to light. It did arrive with some central bleaching, however from what I've heard, its a pretty common stress response and will likely recover. After about a week, mine has attached to a slab of limestone I have it on.
Current picture: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=cnZHMDFURU1IMXQxTF9uZ2xkVzlBYl9NUXI5aGx3

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got a squamosa coming thursday from PEA they had a sale going "Our Pick" Squamosa Clam Special -$190 Each" 5" or bigger ill post pictures when it arrives not sure if the sale is still happening

How'd it arrive? Did they pick the ugliest color haha?

mrrtheory

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems that the whole world is short clams? I have checked most of the venders listed in this thread to no avail. A few have them but they do not really go into what kind of system they are coming out of. I am wanting a clam that is coming out of an invert only (no fish) system and is kept there for at least 90 days... any Ideas? Sorry to high jack the thread I didn't want to start a new thread since this topic is so close.

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How'd it arrive? Did they pick the ugliest color haha?
Sorry I forgot to reply to this thread I've had the clam for 6 weeks now it's doing good it was shipped well

IMG_20200623_112130.jpg

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems that the whole world is short clams? I have checked most of the venders listed in this thread to no avail. A few have them but they do not really go into what kind of system they are coming out of. I am wanting a clam that is coming out of an invert only (no fish) system and is kept there for at least 90 days... any Ideas? Sorry to high jack the thread I didn't want to start a new thread since this topic is so close.
PacEast just posted some yesterday, but yeah, most places are out of stock right now.

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had good luck with paceast and ora through la, but la also completely messed up my account and accidentally sent me extra clams so I guess be careful with that.

mrrtheory

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update, I ended up ordering from PacEast. They by far had the best selection. We will see what happens. Thanks everyone for the recommendations.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 122 58.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 36.2%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 62 30.0%
Back