Best place to buy SPS

Robg139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering what is the best place to buy SPS online ? Best bang for the buck and hardiest pieces.

OP
OP
Robg139

Robg139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would rather a pack, I’m really not experienced in sps, have a couple frags and they are doing fantastic, really love the look and the colors so want to get more. As of now I have 2 montis and a birdsnest. So wanting more desirable frags.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would rather a pack, I’m really not experienced in sps, have a couple frags and they are doing fantastic, really love the look and the colors so want to get more. As of now I have 2 montis and a birdsnest. So wanting more desirable frags.
I would recommend contacting Adam and let him know what you want. Let him pick a pack out for you that matches what you are looking for with your budget.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just click on the link below to pull up a thread. Then, click on his insignia, and hit ”start a conversation”. We might even be able to call him out @Battlecorals

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When people answer this (commonly asked) question I think it might be useful to add some numbers. Is the guy looking for $10 frags or $200 frags?

I see three easily accessible groups of sources for SPS
1. other hobbyists -- expect to pay $10-$20 for typical SPS frags and maybe as much as $50 (I recently got a beautiful WD and a FF for $50 each here on our forum). There will always be some guy trying to sell his for $250 or something but thats an outlier. A very wide variety is available, but not all from the same seller.

2. Bargain online vendors. I have bought great SPS from Aquarium Depot and Reefs4Less at $10-$30 per frag. Recently been really impressed with the 2 or 3 packs from Reefs4Less; 2-3 Acro colonies for $50-$80 altogether. Good variety of "normal" corals, little to no "high end" (named) corals.

3. Premium online vendors. Expect the prices to reflect the name of the group :) >$50 per frag is the norm, without any real upper limit. Little to no "normal" corals (and if you find them, the prices are more than you'll want to pay). But the best selection of named, "high-end" corals.

Theres a place for all 3 groups in the hobby, and they all have their pros and cons

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All mentioned so far are awesome with high quality corals. ORA is also great and has some large frags for under $80. Live Aquaria is a good source for ORA but LA has had some shiiping amd CS issues lately. Luckly anything ORA you order ships direct from ORA.

ectoaesthetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quality sources: 1) BattleCorals 2) JF (can be a bit more red in photos than reality) 3) other R2R peers -but know who you are dealing with in terms of possible pests in their tanks.

I have never seen anyone regret ordering from Adam at battle corals.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 32 82.1%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.1%
Back