Best place to get copepods?

JJKK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from Reef Nutrition yesterday. The coupon code only takes of $25 per order, even if you put 4 bottles in the cart. I expected to get one free bottle for each bottle I purchase. I ended up calling their # and spoke to a nice lady that helped me with deducting another $25 for a total of $50 for 4 bottles. Shipping was $34+ to Virginia but she charged me a little less. You just have to order more bottles to spread out the shipping cost per bottle. Get a fellow reefer or 2 if you cant use all those bottles.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from Reef Nutrition yesterday. The coupon code only takes of $25 per order, even if you put 4 bottles in the cart. I expected to get one free bottle for each bottle I purchase. I ended up calling their # and spoke to a nice lady that helped me with deducting another $25 for a total of $50 for 4 bottles. Shipping was $34+ to Virginia but she charged me a little less. You just have to order more bottles to spread out the shipping cost per bottle. Get a fellow reefer or 2 if you cant use all those bottles.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Sorry about the confusion and I'm glad to see we made it right.

I agree with you about getting together to purchase products; makes perfect sense. We actually have reef clubs that will do this. Another thing to note for everyone here is that our concentrates last from 5-6 months depending on which ones you purchase, so paying for the shipping cost twice a year isn't so bad. But, we are looking to drive those costs down to make our products more accessible to people that don't have a Reef Nutrition dealer nearby, or people that don't have any stores nearby at all.

Best,
Chad

touchstone88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a new mandarin goby and I'm trying to figure out the best place to get pods. Is it safe to buy them online? Or petco?
FWIW I've had great success with Algaebarn, several orders of their Tisbee's. Fast shipping and excellent customer service, cool folks

Jet Sled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have purchased a lot of different Pods from Algae Barn, Reef Nutrition and other sellers on EBay. Reef Nutrition's Pods were by far the best and even though its 25 bucks for a small bottle there are more pods in that 6 oz bottle then a large 16 ounce from any other seller IMO

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks! :) I actually have tigger pods now that I am using and they are refrigerated.. is this the norm to keep them cold in between feedings? The guy at the aquarium store I purchased them from wasn't super informative... he said I could pour the whole bottle in there and just let the fish eat or put a little in every day.. what is the best approach? Thanks again!

Most people will wait till the lights are out and turn off all pumps. Then you add the copepods to the tank and turn the pumps back on roughly 30 minutes later. This allows them to settle into the tank before they get devoured. If you are just feeding your fish and corals directly, you can add a little bit every day. Keeping them in the fridge is just a good way to keep them at a lower metabolism so that they live longer and have more oxygen. Since we pack so many in a bottle, keeping them cold helps to avoid mortalities. We use their coldwater tolerance to our advantage.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out. I can't thank you enough for supporting us and your LFS!

Best,
Chad

Ferrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AlgaeBarn for sure. Have purchase several times + their inverts while a little higher than most stores are clean and healthy. Great customer service

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just got a bottle of Tigger pods from reef nutrition at the local fish shop and I don’t think I’ve ever seen that many pods in one bottle before (compared to other places)I took it out of the fridge about five minutes before this video very impressed good job guys.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just got a bottle of Tigger pods from reef nutrition at the local fish shop and I don’t think I’ve ever seen that many pods in one bottle before (compared to other places)I took it out of the fridge about five minutes before this video very impressed good job guys.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with our Tigger-Pods. We maintain strict standards so that every bottle that goes out looks just like the one you've shown us here. Appreciate your support.

Best,
Chad

ajtomase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can buy directly from us or find our copepods in retail stores.
We have Tigger-Pods (Tigriopus californicus) and Apex-Pods (Apocyclops panamensis). We are doing a buy 1 get one free deal right now if you buy direct from us.
https://reefnutrition.com/product_apex_pods.php
https://reefnutrition.com/product_tigger_pods.php

To find our copepods in retail stores. Here is our store locator: https://reefnutrition.com/store-locator/

With a few options out there, we hope you consider us. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks for posting your question.

Best,
Chad

Hello, I've heard a lot of horror stories about pods shipping dead on arrival from other places. Does your company have any policies if they're ordered directly from you if they're dead when received by the customer?

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I've heard a lot of horror stories about pods shipping dead on arrival from other places. Does your company have any policies if they're ordered directly from you if they're dead when received by the customer?
Hey there,

Thanks so much for asking your question here. Anything DOA will be replaced as soon as possible. We stand by our live feeds and if anything goes wrong, we make it right.

If you are looking for phytoplankton, as well, we have the most concentrated and most variety in our Phyto-Feast Live. It is 20 times as concentrated as anyone else's. Here is information on this food: https://reefnutrition.com/products/phytofeastlive

While we prefer you buy our products from an LFS, not every store carries us. If this is the case, you are more than welcome to shop for our products here: https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/food/live-foods/reef-nutrition/

I really appreciate your interest in our live feeds, and we invite you to explore our new website. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to reach out. Have a great week!

Best,
Chad

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,

Thanks so much for asking your question here. Anything DOA will be replaced as soon as possible. We stand by our live feeds and if anything goes wrong, we make it right.

If you are looking for phytoplankton, as well, we have the most concentrated and most variety in our Phyto-Feast Live. It is 20 times as concentrated as anyone else's. Here is information on this food: https://reefnutrition.com/products/phytofeastlive

While we prefer you buy our products from an LFS, not every store carries us. If this is the case, you are more than welcome to shop for our products here: https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/food/live-foods/reef-nutrition/

I really appreciate your interest in our live feeds, and we invite you to explore our new website. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to reach out. Have a great week!

Best,
Chad
I was going to post that I just ordered 2 bottles of tiger pods from Saltwater Aquarium.com with free shipping. Great solution for those frustrated by shipping costs. Looking forward to adding to my refugium. I got a batch off ebay and looked like just water with one or two swimming around. I've seen nothing since adding them over a week ago. Hoping for better results this time.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to post that I just ordered 2 bottles of tiger pods from Saltwater Aquarium.com with free shipping. Great solution for those frustrated by shipping costs. Looking forward to adding to my refugium. I got a batch off ebay and looked like just water with one or two swimming around. I've seen nothing since adding them over a week ago. Hoping for better results this time.
Thanks so much for you support! If and when you are going to buy more copepods, we recommend you get our Apex-Pods. They are an excellent pod for populating a tank and really boost the zooplankton biodiversity.

Cheers!
Chad

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for you support! If and when you are going to buy more copepods, we recommend you get our Apex-Pods. They are an excellent pod for populating a tank and really boost the zooplankton biodiversity.

Cheers!
Chad

Was just about to order some pods and phyto. For a 20g nano that is just 2 months old what would you recommend?
Apex and phyto feast ? Or tiggers? thanks.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just about to order some pods and phyto. For a 20g nano that is just 2 months old what would you recommend?
Apex and phyto feast ? Or tiggers? thanks.
Hi there!

Thanks so much for posting your question here. ;)

I recommend 1 bottle of Apex-Pods and 1 - 6oz. Phyto-Feast Live. If you need any help finding our products in an LFS or online, please let me know.

Best,
Chad

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cheers!
Chad
We got the two bottles from SA. I did see a few swimming but mostly a lot of red in the bottom of the bottle. Looked almost like sediment if I didn't know what was in the bottle. I turned the bottle a few times and got a snow globe effect but didn't look like swimmers to me. I should have taken a photo but it was late and I went ahead and put them in the refugium with the flow cut down. Is this normal or did I dose a bunch of dead ones ? Date on cap is 5/10/21.

reefer024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know everyone is talking about pods, but let's talk about training a mandarin to eat frozen spirulina brine shrimp using a turkey baster. I've had my male green Mandarin for almost 2 years since he was about 1in long. He was tiny. His main diet is spirulina brine shrimp and supplemented by Tigger and other pods.

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen my 3 eat grated shrimp meat that I fix for the pinnatus. As well as brine shrimp babies from the target feeder. But I have so many pods that they're all fat, lol almost as big around as they are long.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back