Best places to buy fish online?

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Red Sea regal angel and a two-barred rabbitfish. I tried a follow up text and got no response. I’ll give it 48 hours, try one more text and then take my business elsewhere if I get no reply. Oh well.

Yeah I would think a regal would be expensive enough. But perhaps he is simply too busy. Luckily some other vendors who provide quarantine services.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His wife just gave birth so he’s pretty slammed. I tried going that route as well, and asked about the rabbitfish, but he didn’t really give me a straight answer about whether or not he could source and QT one for me. He does have a regal angel, so hopefully that pans out if Marine Collectors doesn’t.

I get that these aren’t huge operations and sometimes people get overwhelmed. I don’t expect instant gratification like ordering from LiveAquaria, but a more well-defined process and communication would be nice.
I agree he did send an email out regarding his comms process and how overwhelmed he's been. Anyways I look forward to the Marine Collectors read out... Still been a challenge to find a good online seller outside of LA.

Mostly Harmless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried emailing Marine Collectors, but got no response. A week or two later, I texted and got put on a “waiting list”. I was under the impression that they source the fish on demand and it wasn’t a rare fish (though I would consider it high end and somewhat expensive). Then I texted again today to inquire about another species and got no response. Is this normal for them? I’m at a loss because everyone speaks so highly of Marine Collectors.
I’ve been trying to contact them for a few weeks about a large order of tangs to stock a new tank. Nothing seems to work. Email, vmail, text. Seems kind of weird. I don’t have QT set up and I’m willing to pay the extra money. Are there other reputable sources?

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Beauties!!! I've had 2 orders the fish are priced super well and healthy and have a 15 day guarantee.

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If on the east coast I say TSM on the west coast I would say Elliot at Marine collectors...

Try to avoid connections on the flights, can be a chance for problems... just my opinion though.

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Elliot may have been down for a week or two so to a fire at the old location.

JaaxReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll second the Reef Beauties vote. Great prices and selection if you QT fish yourself. Healthy specimens that can easily be QTed and a solid guarantee on most fish.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back