OP
OP
L

lstmysock11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I called a couple local places and seems like the Aqueon reef ready tanks are going to be hard to get right now. One does have the regular 75 gallon in. Does anyone know if the Aqueon can be drilled?

1guydude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a 120g 4x2x2. Whats the price diffrence? I wish i never would have sold. I drilled the back of mine.
D

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt you can drill the bottom. Its probably tempered glass. You could drill the back. Should work just as well.

OP
OP
L

lstmysock11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked up the marineland the bottom is tempered only on their 75 gallon tank. Maybe should just use a hang on the back or is drilling it rather easy? I see Aqueon is A crap shoot to know if it is or not. If they have extra tempered glass they would use it.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqueon probably specifies on their website whether its tempered. Go to the YouTube site for Joey that I sent earlier. He has a video on drilling. Looks pretty simple to do. I definitely prefer drilled rather that over the top plumbing.

OP
OP
L

lstmysock11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqueon probably specifies on their website whether its tempered. Go to the YouTube site for Joey that I sent earlier. He has a video on drilling. Looks pretty simple to do. I definitely prefer drilled rather that over the top plumbing.
I have looked and seems aqueon cant tell anyone what tanks or parts of their tanks are tempered. They have told people it might be and might not be. Why they do sometimes use tempered and not consistent as it seems people are saying.

Marineland seems to say just their buttoms are tempered.

OP
OP
L

lstmysock11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all it says on the aqueon site is the bottom is tempered. Seems they will sometimes use tempered for the sides too.

OP
OP
L

lstmysock11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like Aqueon had a shortage of regular glass in the last couple years with petco's dollar a gallon sales and made a lot of the 75 gallon tanks with tempered for all sides. Their is another thread here with pictures of a couple people finding out the hardway.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have looked and seems aqueon cant tell anyone what tanks or parts of their tanks are tempered. They have told people it might be and might not be. Why they do sometimes use tempered and not consistent as it seems people are saying.

Marineland seems to say just their buttoms are tempered.
I haven't heard that before, Does complicate matters, not sure if there is a way to determine if its tempered or not.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is my understanding that most if not all tank manufacturers will void the warranty if a tank is drilled by the buyer.

OP
OP
L

lstmysock11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't heard that before, Does complicate matters, not sure if there is a way to determine if its tempered or not.
There is , it requires poloralized sunglasses and a laptop. Might just look into doing a HOB solution as I can get the 75 gallon aqueon and not sure about trying to drill. Would not know where to drill and spacing and all that stuff and equipment I would need for the tank after it is drilled

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is , it requires poloralized sunglasses and a laptop. Might just look into doing a HOB solution as I can get the 75 gallon aqueon and not sure about trying to drill. Would not know where to drill and spacing and all that stuff and equipment I would need for the tank after it is drilled
I'll bet you can find a YouTube video that shows you where! Heck, you can find a YouTube video for just about anything! :D :D :D

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back