Best product for formalin?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I think my clowns have brook so I need to act fast. I don’t have anything that would treat it but plan a formalin dip treatment, as I’ve heard that it pretty effective. Does anyone know what the best product is that contains formalin and is a good fighter against brooklynella? Also, what is the procedure for treating with formalin? I obviously don’t want to overdose and kill my fish...
Thanks in advance!!

mcwhng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I think my clowns have brook so I need to act fast. I don’t have anything that would treat it but plan a formalin dip treatment, as I’ve heard that it pretty effective. Does anyone know what the best product is that contains formalin and is a good fighter against brooklynella? Also, what is the procedure for treating with formalin? I obviously don’t want to overdose and kill my fish...
Thanks in advance!!
Check out Tidal Gardens on YouTube-just posted video recently about quarantining and treating fish with formalin available on Amazon.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Safety Stop contain formalin, as does Ruby Reef Rally Pro. Both can be used as formalin dips.

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I’m not entirely sure if my clowns have brook. See, they’ve had the signature “peeling” around the gills, but it’s been like this for some time. Shouldn’t they be dead by now? They also have HLLE, so it could be a secondary infection from that.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back