Best public coral aquarium in the world (Artificial seawater, more than 10tons tank)

ky135

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning a trip to study about large coral tanks. (more than 10 tons)

I want to visit an aquarium that uses artificial seawater and manages water parameters, rather than an aquarium that uses natural seawater because it is close to the sea.

Which aquarium has excellent coral breeding technology and exhibits a large amount of corals in the tank?

Please recommend a public aquarium that uses artificial seawater and breeds in a circular filtration method.
(Anywhere in the world)

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe the Tennessee aquarium in Chattanooga? Not sure but they are a ways inland. I guess they could truck natural sea water. The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. Not sure if either have large live coral aquariums since I have not been to the Shedd in over 30 years! Most of the Costal aquariums use natural sea water. You can check their websites.

Upvote 0

CoralsAddiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steinhart Aquarium at the California Academy of Sciences
F67554DC-C1FA-42AD-9DE4-D9DD5E063D1F.jpeg
C58951E7-0AB1-4EC5-A8FD-5344B27E7FF3.jpeg
F44FE6E2-8F96-4F9C-B2EB-3C18C1A3EAF3.jpeg

Upvote 0

Tim'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the Netherlands there is Burgers Zoo while the zoo is nice the real reason for me to go there is what they call The Ocean. Here you can view massive fish tanks with sharks, shallows with rays an such, but the best part are the coral tanks. Lots of smaller ones but also a massive 750.000 liters coral reef that makes their own water as far as I know. I believe it is the largest in Europe and if you manage to get a tour behind the scenes they have a massive propagation and fish breeding system.

I'm lucky cause I live 15 minutes away but even if you came from far it is worth the effort.

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning a trip to study about large coral tanks. (more than 10 tons)

I want to visit an aquarium that uses artificial seawater and manages water parameters, rather than an aquarium that uses natural seawater because it is close to the sea.

Which aquarium has excellent coral breeding technology and exhibits a large amount of corals in the tank?

Please recommend a public aquarium that uses artificial seawater and breeds in a circular filtration method.
(Anywhere in the world)
Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta uses artificial seawater.
The Long Island Aquarium has a fantastic 20,000 gallon reef. I’m pretty sure they mix their own water.
The Steinhart aquarium at the California Academy used to use natural seawater but they switched to artificial as well.
Jay

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back