Best return pumps in the industry: Who gets your vote?

Best Return Pump in the Industry

• Abyzz

• Blueline

• Danner Mag Drive

• Dolphin / Poseidon

• Ecotech Vectra

• Eheim

• Fluval

• Iwaki

• Jebao / Jecod

• Neptune

• Pan World

• Red Dragon

• Reeflo

• Reef Octopus VarioS

• Sicce

• Simplicity

• Skimz

• Waterblaster

• Waveline

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using my fluval sp6 for two years now with no problems and my sp4 for three before that with no problems and still use it for a utility pump for now tell I set up another tank. Good pumps for the money.

Not many people going to actually give the Fluval line of pumps a look, but they are missing out on saving some money at the same time getting an great pump.

I was the same and now recommend them over anything else. You can get essentially 2 Fluval pumps for the price of a single of the other units and they just flat out work. Doesn’t pull much more electricity compared to the DC pumps. Super quiet as well.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not many people going to actually give the Fluval line of pumps a look, but they are missing out on saving some money at the same time getting an great pump.

I was the same and now recommend them over anything else. You can get essentially 2 Fluval pumps for the price of a single of the other units and they just flat out work. Doesn’t pull much more electricity compared to the DC pumps. Super quiet as well.

BTW it was @Water Dog that turned me onto the Fluval line of pumps. Thanks again bro for the suggestions when I was looking. Not regretting it one bit and if needed can have a replacement next day if I haven't bought a backup by then.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But with pumps in general, you get the best pump that fits your system. I have also used Reeflo pumps too and those are great external pumps. Just needed to go internal and the Fluval won to me on price point and it does what it is suppose to do, push the water volume that I want and is whisper quiet doing it.

Would be cool slowing down the pump flow instead of turning it off when I feed though and soft start, but I can live without those and so can my tank, ;)

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very little consensus on what constitutes best LOL - though I suppose ‘best’ varies by application. I’d also imagine most people just pick whatever they’re using.

Mike1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of those current usa return pumps hooked up with the wavepumps and all with the loop system. It can be upgraded to bluetooth etc. I like it. Very easy to use. Quiet.
I'm sure theres better but this is all I've used thus far.

However I made a canister filter for a 180 gallon cichlid tank one time. Used a ehiem return for that. Ehiem anything would probably survive nuclear war.

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any recommendations for a 30 gallon??

Steve1025

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using a Vectra M1 since they first came out, no issue's at all, super quiet .

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A manufactures pump that has been running for at least 10 years has proven it self. Others???? After this the Best is ONLY an opinion. Most Popular does not necessarily mean the Best.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A manufactures pump that has been running for at least 10 years has proven it self. Others???? After this the Best is ONLY an opinion. Most Popular does not necessarily mean the Best.
That's why I love my Eheims! I have two 1262 pumps that have been running constant for 6+ years. They always start, they are simple (no controller to fail), the last time I went to clean them (3 years ago) they weren't even dirty and there was no difference in performance afterwards.

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's why I love my Eheims! I have two 1262 pumps that have been running constant for 6+ years. They always start, they are simple (no controller to fail), the last time I went to clean them (3 years ago) they weren't even dirty and there was no difference in performance afterwards.

Eheims are well proven for well over 20 years. I own 2 myself. Ecotech however, has only been around for 9 years so far. return pump line for less time than that. I use Gen-X , and My pump has never been cleaned ever . It is 20 + years old. I bought a new back up of the same brand/model 7 years agp and have yet had a need to use it.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VECTRA-M1-1000x1000__39489.1516811030.650.650.jpg

abyzz-a100-water-pump.jpg

We are wanting to put a poll together for the BEST return pumps in the aquarium industry! Help us out by posting your favorite pump manufacturer. It would also be helpful if you tell us why!

Thanks.
DC pumps are very efficient, but I have a 20year+ Eheim pump that won't quite.

fftfk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very little consensus on what constitutes best LOL - though I suppose ‘best’ varies by application. I’d also imagine most people just pick whatever they’re using.

perhaps a differentiation between best internal or external...

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Danner mag baby! Set and forget for the next decade or longer. Things are bulletproof.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How the heck is jebao top 3 as the BEST, maybe for price but certainly not quality.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back