Best Saltwater Aquarium Heater? You choose!

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eheim Jager Archon controller

FDAWG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finnex.jpg

A_game43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any glass heaters, titaniums always leak....all heaters need to be on a separate controller, regardless of brand. Therefore it shouldn't matter too much of the brand so long as it's glass.

Can you say more to above comment about "Ti heater leaking"? Thanks.

I use a 300W Jager in my RO/Salt mixing station, one as a back up on my 120g tank and a 300w Finnex as the main on my tank(Apex controller). All work really well.

SaltMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run two heaters on my Apex. One is my main and the second is a backup that will turn on if temp falls below the first setpoint.

GoPitt88

Pitt Basketball is BACK!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been in this hobby for over 25 years so I have have been through my share of heaters...I have two 150 Cobalt NeoTherm and they work awesome. I HAVE Them both connected to my Apex!
There was an issue with them leaking but those were all recalled and the new ones are good to go.

Sumppix#3.jpg

I also use 2 Cobalt Neo Therm heaters in my mixed reef as well. I love them! Two thumbs up! [emoji106][emoji106]

Hans24hrs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MT_is_a_picies
In my opinion you should run two heaters. I ran an inline heater that had built in sensors on its on outlet. But i also had 2 300w heaters running off my Apex. But I had each one on separate EB8's and they were on outlets that were on separate breakers.

Redundancy is key on my opinion. Can't have enough back ups or failsafe when it comes to your tank. Think of all the money and time you invest in it. It is terrible when a $25-$100 piece of equipment fails and you lose everything

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
COBALT NeoTherm or COBALT Brand name. Superior construction and unmatched durability, and most importantly an iron-clad warranty that they don’t try to find some excuse to wiggle out of. I have personal experience with two types of their heaters, tempered glass 250watt and NeoTherm 200watt. Just had to replace my heater which broke because I left it out of the water and it overheated. The new ones have a dummy switch that shuts off before overheating.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently run 4 heaters on my 300. One 300 watt Eheim Jaeger, two 250 watt Eheim Jeagers and a 400 watt Hydor. The 400 & 300 watt ones replaced three 250watt heaters in an attempt to clean up some excess wires. I have another new Eheim 300 watt heater, but they are very long. so my plan is to just go with three 400 watt Hydor heaters.

FlyinBryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best heaters are the Aqueons you can pick up at petco. I don’t use anything but these. They’re solid and keep tank in perfect balance for years!!

garvin.blackmon3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not so. Much a question on Which is "Best" ..

I think there Are Many Great Heaters out there ..And the answeres given are Subjective to individual preferences and Expierence ,
So If I May? ..
What about "Total Heating Power required " ??

My Example is
350 Us Gal Display over a 200 Us Gal Sump ..
Running Outdoors in the Tropics (Thailand) ..
Admittedly Cooling is Normally the Issue ..However this last month we have Expierence Unusualy Cool _/ Cold weather ..

We All know ..or should that Consistency is the goal ..
A 5 + degree C sudden drop or more is Not good ! ..
So for Care Sake
.just how Much "Heating" Power is ideal??

Thanks

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 26 13.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 17.1%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 32 17.1%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 94 50.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back