Best Saltwater Aquarium Heater? You choose!

Get Fish & Corals directly for the suppliers

Raul-7

View Badges
Reaction score
Finnex. Very sturdy and with an Apex it's dead-on.

juniorrocketdad

View Badges
Reaction score
I use a finnex titanium one as well, don’t the neotherms have a tendency to..... explode

Top Shelf Aquatics

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
So after reading a few threads it seems like a Ranco controller with a funnel titanium heater is the way to go. Might just put another on my apex for redundancy. Thanks for the advice.

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
2 300W finnex titanium's on my 90G. One for main heat, the other as a backup. Both controlled by a ranco, and backed up by my apex. Been rock solid within 1 degree for about 5 years now.

siggy

just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Get Fish & Corals directly for the suppliers

Nemo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Beginner , last week I went on a rock and was just picking up various items to start my saltwater tank and as I was leaving petsmart I said I need a heater !! I sought out and looked and most I didn’t like then ended up picking up a Eheim 150w ! I have a 36 Bow so I’m definitely over sized but I’m ok with that and by reading quite a few of these comments in the thread it seems I picked a good one and Eheim has a good reputation!

siggy

just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
don’t the neotherms have a tendency to..... explode
I heard this too, and was told that was when they were new and the problem was resolved years ago.
I have one and used it in a hospitial tank in the basement. When I shut down the AIO tank I hadent noticed that the heater was still plugged in (in the filter compartment ) and after a month with evaporation the heater was partially exposed and still going strong. Still use it when needed.

Do you use Instagram for reefing stuff? What’s your handle?

• Yes I follow people

Votes: 74 21.0%
  • Yes and I post reefing content

Votes: 73 20.7%
  • No IG isn’t for me

Votes: 185 52.6%
  • What is IG?

Votes: 20 5.7%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors