Best Saltwater Aquarium Heater? You choose!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
49B8AEFA-6C1B-442E-B9A4-06D6C645B357.png

One of these?

Exactly, 2 150s would be ideal for your setup as @Bayareareefer18 suggested above.

Only been in this hobby a few years and I have used Neotherms from the start, still running my originals and love them!

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after reading a few threads it seems like a Ranco controller with a funnel titanium heater is the way to go. Might just put another on my apex for redundancy. Thanks for the advice.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 300W finnex titanium's on my 90G. One for main heat, the other as a backup. Both controlled by a ranco, and backed up by my apex. Been rock solid within 1 degree for about 5 years now.

Nemo5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beginner , last week I went on a rock and was just picking up various items to start my saltwater tank and as I was leaving petsmart I said I need a heater !! I sought out and looked and most I didn’t like then ended up picking up a Eheim 150w ! I have a 36 Bow so I’m definitely over sized but I’m ok with that and by reading quite a few of these comments in the thread it seems I picked a good one and Eheim has a good reputation!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don’t the neotherms have a tendency to..... explode
I heard this too, and was told that was when they were new and the problem was resolved years ago.
I have one and used it in a hospitial tank in the basement. When I shut down the AIO tank I hadent noticed that the heater was still plugged in (in the filter compartment ) and after a month with evaporation the heater was partially exposed and still going strong. Still use it when needed.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back