Best sand sifting fish for 25 gallon tank?

OP
OP
Chris_Noles

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dont need phyto, but live phyto will help copepods establish a population faster
He didn't touch any of the mysis or pellets but I turned off the flow to try to get a lot of it to settle on the sandbed, I ordered some copepods and some reefroids because I saw on another post that if you squirt some of the roids on the sand near him he will end up eating it apparently

OP
OP
Chris_Noles

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well he was floating at the top of the tank last night and I thought he was dying, turns out maybe he was trying to signal another goby, he is acting just fine now

OP
OP
Chris_Noles

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far he is doing well, just bought some copepods for him to eat and some reefroids, what I have been doing in the meantime is crushing up some krill pellets I had and mixing it up with some mysis and putting it on the sand he has his burrow by. Fingers crossed with this guy!

OP
OP
Chris_Noles

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I came home after work yesterday and he was dead, he was eating just fine 2 days ago, I'm not going to try my luck with anymore fish in my tank, for some reason I can't keep a 4th fish alive :(

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldnt recommend a two spot goby to many people, they have a terrible track record for staying alive long term. If you see it getting skinny supplement with live copepod, 25 gallon tank is going to have a problem sustaining a high enough population of organisms to keep a 2 spot goby alive.
I have one in a 75 gallon and i still try to supplement once and a while, only had it for 7 months though so i wouldnt say i have long term success by any means
Two spots require spot feeding unless you have a healthy pod population

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry for your loss. very frustrating I know. Frankly, taking a break from adding fish is probably good for your mental health. Go back at it next month and just try to enjoy your tank in the meantime

OP
OP
Chris_Noles

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry for your loss. very frustrating I know. Frankly, taking a break from adding fish is probably good for your mental health. Go back at it next month and just try to enjoy your tank in the meantime
Yup, I was convinced he was gonna be able to survive, I even started a brine hatchery

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the loss, dont be too down, as i said before they have a terrible record for staying alive. Also mine just spits sand all day onto my gmk zoa and chalice corals so i have to keep using a turkey baster to blow them off, cool fish but it is definitely annoying as well

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back