Best Shops to visit in NY, NJ area

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spending a few days in Atlantic City for a trade show next week. I definitely want to check out some LFS in the NJ and NY area and was hoping some of you guys had suggestions! Ocean Aquarium is on my way, and I've at least heard of that one previously. Would be great to end a successful show by bringing home some new corals!

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spending a few days in Atlantic City for a trade show next week. I definitely want to check out some LFS in the NJ and NY area and was hoping some of you guys had suggestions! Ocean Aquarium is on my way, and I've at least heard of that one previously. Would be great to end a successful show by bringing home some new corals!
Try Iconic in Tenafly. He doesn't carry too many fish but the ones that he carries are not your typical fish store fish. You can find pipefish, weird gobies and obscure basslets. There is a tremendous assortment of coral frags and colonies. Next is Sea Level in Pinebrook. He carries a very good assortment of fish, especially large types like triggers, big wrasses and groupers. He also has a great assortment of corals. Just try to control yourself and the credit card. LOL

OP
OP
LiveFreeAndReef

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try Iconic in Tenafly. He doesn't carry too many fish but the ones that he carries are not your typical fish store fish. You can find pipefish, weird gobies and obscure basslets. There is a tremendous assortment of coral frags and colonies. Next is Sea Level in Pinebrook. He carries a very good assortment of fish, especially large types like triggers, big wrasses and groupers. He also has a great assortment of corals. Just try to control yourself and the credit card. LOL
Ahh yes the credit card, or as I like to call it: "the wife won't know card" lol
Thanks for the info!

RazorRamon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manhattan Aquariums is great and so is "the Reef Shoppe" (you can't beat their prices). If there's stuff you want to see Manhattan aquariums is full of cool display tanks. Reef Shoppe has great selection of corals and fish.

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both places are awesome! Bring cash tho no credit card= no tax!

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where google decides I have to go hahaha mostly routes 91 and 95
Well, I believe that 95 takes you past House of Fins in Greenwich Ct (crazy high prices but some nice stuff) and then Reef Shoppe in the Bronx (great prices)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 131 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back