Best thing to grow zoas on for fragging

classklown90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope this is the right place but I'd like t know what the best thing is to grow zoas on with the intention to frag? The disks are pretty thick and hard to cut with none cutters cleanly

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's wrong with rock? In my experience unless you had a dremel or band saw fragging zoas off rocks is by far one of the easiest since you can just break the rock underneath them and not damage the fleshy mat. If your LFS frags a lot with a band saw, there might be left over pieces of rock that is thin and flat. Would be great to use for growing zoas on and definitely easy to break!

Flyride95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^ I guess I should of been more detailed but buddythelion said exactly what I was thinking.

Clearwater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally plugs work the best. I just take the saw and buzz the plug of and frag it up. They fit in the egg crate nicely and don't get rolled over

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked a lot with Frank (Twinspotgoby) on fragging zoas and he had a great tip. Put a slight layer of superglue on the top of any plug and let it harden. The zoas will grow across the superglue and when it's time to frag all you have to do is get a razor blade under the glue layer and pop up as many zoas as you want.

Last edited:

Txbassking

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked a lot with Frank (Twinspotgoby) on fragging zoas and he had a great tip. Put a slight layer of superglue on the top of any plug and let it harden. The zoas will grow across the superglue and when it's time to frag all you have to due is get a razor blade under the glue layer and pop up as many zoas as you want.

That is what I do. It's real fast and simple.

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked a lot with Frank (Twinspotgoby) on fragging zoas and he had a great tip. Put a slight layer of superglue on the top of any plug and let it harden. The zoas will grow across the superglue and when it's time to frag all you have to due is get a razor blade under the glue layer and pop up as many zoas as you want.

That's a cool idea. Does it use up a lot of super glue though?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back