Best Type of Anemone to host clownfish???

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am new to saltwater aquariums and am hoping to have a occelaris clownfish (maybe a pair, idk yet). I was wondering what type of anemone is cheap and is able to host clownfish. I have a 15 gallon cube nano tank, and will have other corals.

Thanks

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Best advice is to take your time and do some research. It'll be close to a year before you should add an anemone to a tank.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am new to saltwater aquariums and am hoping to have a occelaris clownfish (maybe a pair, idk yet). I was wondering what type of anemone is cheap and is able to host clownfish. I have a 15 gallon cube nano tank, and will have other corals.

Thanks
Ocellaris clownfish has been known to go to carpets, bubble tip anemones, long tentacle anemones, and also would not mind living in a lot of different corals either. So there are quite a lot of choices. Cheapest... well there are pretty much always cheap options around for bubble tips and long tentacles.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even the easy anemones aren’t easy. Many of them are extremely difficult. BTA is probably your best, and least expensive, bet. Not a guarantee that ocellaris will view it as an acceptable host.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back